NVIDIA® and AMD Highlight World-Class Workstation Synergy at SIGGRAPH 2007
* Workstations featuring AMD Opteron™ processors and NVIDIA Quadro® graphics processors help studios create more realistic visual effects in less time.
* At SIGGRAPH 2007, AMD and NVIDIA are showing how acclaimed filmmaker Robert Rodriguez (Sin City, Planet Terror) created visual effects imagery for the movie Grind House using AMD Opteron processors and NVIDIA Quadro-powered workstations.
* AMD and NVIDIA will both feature a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Grind House in their SIGGRAPH booths
* AMD will also showcase an NVIDIA Quadro Plex 1000 visual computing system (VCS) in its booth during SIGGRAPH. NVIDIA Quadro Plex solutions deliver breakthrough levels of productivity and capability for visual computing professionals.
* All of the workstations in the NVIDIA booth during SIGGRAPH will be powered by nForce® Professional media and communications processors and AMD Opteron processors.
Quote by Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD:
“When the world’s most prestigious effects and film studios use AMD Opteron processor-based systems with the rocking NVIDIA Quadro professional graphics boards to realize their creations, you can be assured this is a powerful combination for cinematic workstation production,” said Charlie Boswell, director of Digital Media and Entertainment at AMD.
Quote by Jeff Brown, general manager, NVIDIA Professional Solutions:
“Creating genre-defining visuals, like the ones Robert Rodriquez produced for Grind House, requires an investment in the most powerful graphics and processing power available,” said Jeff Brown, general manager, Professional Solutions, NVIDIA. “By adding professional workstations with NVIDIA Quadro graphics and AMD Opteron processors to the production pipeline, artists can focus on being creative, knowing their workstations are operating at peak performance.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.