Quick Eagle Networks Expands Its Product Portfolio
Company targets mobile workers, small businesses and
remote offices of larger organizations with new ADSL offering
SUNNYVALE, CA – September 27, 2005 - Quick Eagle Networks, Inc., a leading provider of intelligent WAN access solutions, today announced its new ADSL2+ routers. The DL700 ADSL2+ Router™ and DL710 ADSL2+ Router™ represent a cost-efficient “all-in-one” solution that comes with an integrated ADSL modem, full-scale routing capabilities, stateful inspection firewall, Ethernet switch, Quality of Service features, WLAN (802.11 g/b) access point, and built-in VPN functionality.
The DL700 ADSL2+ Router and the DL710 ADSL2+ Router are compliant with all ADSL standards (ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, and RE ADSL), which enables customers to migrate to the newer standards once they become available without having to “forklift-upgrade” their existing equipment. The units come with an auto-detection feature, which tests the end-users ADSL and Internet connection to determine the connection method used by their ISP.
Features such as an 802.11g wireless access point, Quality of Service for traffic prioritization and bandwidth management, secure Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities with a powerful 3DES acceleration, stateful inspection firewall, and sophisticated management and diagnostic tools differentiate the DL700 and DL710 from residential ADSL equipment.
“Even though both residential and business users are taking advantage of the same access technology, their access device requirements are very different. Quick Eagle’s new DL700 ADSL2+ Router and DL710 ADSL2+ Router address these special requirements,” said Torsten George, chief marketing officer at Quick Eagle. “Both routers are designed specifically for the small business and remote office market and provide business-class functionality at an affordable price.”
Compared with the DL700 ADSL2+ Router, the DL710 ADSL2+ Router comes in addition with two FXS and one FXO port to enable Voice over IP applications. Both routers offer – among others - the following features:
- ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ compliance: The routers comply with ADSL worldwide standards. They support downstream rates up to 8 Mbps with ADSL, capable of up to 12/24 Mbps with ADSL2/2+, and upstream rates up to 1 Mbps. The units come with an auto-detection feature, which enables an easy plug-and-play.
- Built-in Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities (PPTP, IPSec, L2TP).
- 802.11g / b Wireless Access Point with support for Wireless Protected Access (WPA) and Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) to enhance the security level of data protection and access control of the wireless LAN.
- Fast Ethernet Switch with automatic switching between MDI and MDI-X for 10Base-T and 100Base-TX ports.
- Multi-Protocol capabilities: The routers support PPPoA (RFC 2364 - PPP over ATM Adaptation Layer 5), RFC 1483 encapsulation over ATM (bridged or routed), PPP over Ethernet (RFC 2516), and IPoA (RFC1577) to establish a connection with ISPs. The products also support VC-based and LLC-based multiplexing.
- VLAN tagging
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Advanced security features: Stateful Inspection Firewall, packet filtering, URL filtering, intrusion detection.
- Domain Name System (DNS) Relay and Dynamic Domain Name System (DDNS).
- Quality of Service (QoS).
- Virtual Server (“Port Forwarding”)
- Rich Packet Filtering
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Static and RIP1/2 Routing
- Management Capabilities: Telnet, Web GUI, and SNMPv3
The DL710 ADSL2+ Router offers in addition the following unique features:
- Voice over IP (VoIP) capabilities: The DL710 ADSL2+ Router supports cost-effective, toll-quality voice calls over the Internet. It complies with the most popular industrial standard, SIP protocol, to ensure the interoperability with SIP devices and major VoIP gateways. The DL710 supports call waiting, silence suppression, voice activity detection (VAD), comfort noise generation (CNG), line echo cancellation, caller ID (Bell 202, V3) and more.
- Lifeline support: The DL710 ADSL2+ Router integrates an RJ-11 FXO port for inbound and outbound calls transmitted through PSTN. The users can receive phone calls from PSTN while enjoying VoIP call services at the same time. In addition, the device automatically fallbacks to lifeline POTS to enable making normal phone calls when there is a power outage, or when the Internet connection is down.
The DL700 ADSL2+ Router and the DL710 ADSL2+ Router are available immediately. The list price is $299 for the DL700 and $399 for the DL710.
About Quick Eagle Networks
Quick Eagle Networks, Inc. is a provider of intelligent WAN access solutions for Frame Relay and IP networks, and the world leader in multilink access devices. The company’s product portfolio ranges from traditional CSU/DSUs, access multiplexers, multilink access devices, bridges, WAN probes, to routers (NxT1/E1, ADSL, ADSL2, and ADSL2+), providing expanded functionality for reduced cost at the LAN/WAN interface. Founded in 1985 and recognized worldwide for its Digital Link and Quick Eagle brand products, the company serves many of the world’s leading enterprises and carriers including Boeing, Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citigroup, EDS, MCI, Sprint, British Telecom, Deutsche Telekom, and France Telecom. Quick Eagle Networks is an ISO 9001:2000 certified company, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, California and sales and distribution offices worldwide. More information is available at www.quickeagle.com.
Quick Eagle Networks Inc.
- Contact Information
- Torsten George
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Quick Eagle Networks Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.