AKC And Bayer K9 Advantix® Announce Winners Of Veterinary Technician Scholarships
Twenty-Five Vet Tech Students Awarded --
New York, NY – The American Kennel Club® (AKC®) and Bayer K9 Advantix along with the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA), are pleased to announce the winners of the AKC/ Bayer K9 Advantix Veterinary Technician Scholarship.
Scholarships were awarded to 25 students from 24 U.S. accredited schools of veterinary technology. All twenty-five awards that were given are in the amount of $1,000.
The AKC has awarded annual scholarships to veterinary students since 1991 and since then expanded the program to include veterinary technicians.
“At Bayer, we know the importance of quality pet health, and the important role that veterinarian technicians play in providing excellent care and assistance to veterinarians, clients and most importantly their patients,” said Fiona McLellan, Product Manager for K9 Advantix. “In honor of the vital roles veterinarian technicians play in the veterinary practice, laboratories and other institutions across the nation, Bayer is pleased to join AKC as a proud sponsor of the Veterinary Outreach Scholarship.”
“The AKC strives to assist the veterinary profession in providing the utmost care for all dogs,” said Debra Bonnefond, Director of the AKC Veterinary Outreach Program. “We are delighted to be able to continue our backing and encouragement of these bright students and to be able to offer these scholarships to dedicated students who will ensure the continuing health of our beloved canines.”
“NAVTA is extremely fortunate to have AKC and Bayer provide this
exceptional scholarship opportunity for veterinary technology students from
around the country,” said Patrick Navarre, Executive Director, NAVTA. “The recipients of these awards will be able to continue to pursue their education.”
To be eligible, candidates must be current, full-time students at an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited Veterinary Technician school and be a NAVTA student member or a member of a NAVTA Student Chapter. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, activities in the small animal, exotics, and research, and activities in NAVTA and SCNAVTA.
AKC/Bayer K9® Advantix Veterinary Technicians Scholarships 2007
1. Karissa Anthony- North Dakota State University
2. Leah Barrett- Tulsa Community College
3. Beverly Baumgartner- Community College of Southern Nevada
4. Lisa Blanchard- Macomb Community College
5. Andrea Castro- Mercy College
6. Claudia Carney- Harcum College
7. Charles Cubbison- Community College of Denver
8. Joseph D’Abbraccio- SUNY Delhi
9. Kathryn Day- Yakima Valley Community College
10. Carrie Dolak- Metropolitan Community College- Maplewoods
11. Samantha Eppes- St. Petersburg College
12. Christina Fraser- Mercy College
13. Amanda Glover- NH Community Technical College Stratham
14. Stacey Hafer- Long Technical College
15. Marian Hayne- Morehead State University
16. Jennifer Huseman- Wilson College
17. Kristin Johnson- Pierce College- Ft. Steilacoom
18. Lucy Kiovisto- Michigan State University
19. Kristin Lineberry- College of Southern Idaho
20. Katerina Marshall- Lincoln Memorial University
21. Liza Marzban- Pierce College- Los Angeles
22. Jennifer Payton-Parkland College
23. Carla Smith- Gaston College
24. Jodie Sparks- Community College of Baltimore County
25. Mandy Taylor- Delgado Community College
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.