Heineken appoints Group Commerce Director
Amsterdam, 13 July 2007 - Heineken N.V. today announced the appointment of Stefan Orlowski as Group Commerce Director, effective October 1, 2007. In this role, Mr. Orlowski will join the Heineken N.V. Executive Committee, and will report directly to Jean-François van Boxmeer, Heineken N.V. Chairman of the Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer.
Mr. Orlowski will be based at Heineken’s Amsterdam Headquarters, where he will have global functional responsibility for all of the Company’s commercial activities including own wholesale operations, marketing, sales and innovation in addition to specific responsibility for the growth of the Heineken brand.
Between 1998 and 2006, Mr. Orlowski was previously employed by Heineken in a variety of senior management roles in Central and Eastern Europe, most recently as Chief Operating Officer, Central and Eastern Europe.
Commenting on the appointment, Jean-François van Boxmeer, Heineken N.V. CEO said, “I am delighted that Stefan has agreed to lead the Commerce function. He is an experienced international manager with great leadership skills and a track record of delivering commercial success in the brewing industry. With his knowledge of our company, people and systems, he will be able to hit the ground running.”
Speaking about his new role, Stefan Orlowski said: “This is a great opportunity to re-join Heineken at a truly exciting time. I am looking forward to applying my commercial and management experience to drive execution in the business in order to deliver further growth of the Heineken brand and the wider brand portfolio.”
Mr. Orlowski is currently based in Australia and is engaged by Harbin BV, a private international investment firm. Harbin BV is Heineken’s partner in Grupa Zywiec, the company’s Polish operating business. Mr. Orlowski is a member of the Supervisory Board of Grupa Zywiec.
* Mr. Orlowski is currently based in Australia and is engaged by Harbin BV, a private international investment firm with a minority shareholding in Grupa Zywiec. He is also a member of the Supervisory Board of Grupa Zywiec.
* From 2003 – 2006, Mr Orlowski was Chief Operating Officer, first of Brau Union AG and subsequently, as of 2005, of Heineken Central & Eastern Europe (CE&E) with direct responsibility as Managing Director Central Europe for Heineken’s Central European markets and in addition, functional responsibility for marketing, sales and distribution in the greater CE&E region.
* From 1998 – 2003, Mr. Orlowski was Sales, Marketing and Distribution Director for Zywiec SA, Heineken’s Polish operating business.
* From 1992 to 1998, Mr Orlowski spent six years in Poland within a private brewery investment group where he fulfilled a variety of management roles including: CEO of Warka Breweries Ltd and CEO of Elbrewery Company Ltd.
* Mr Orlowski, 41, is a qualified barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria (Australia) and began his career in the commercial law firm Arthur Robinson & Hedderwicks in Melbourne.
* He holds a bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts degrees from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.
* He is married and has two children.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.