Canon Showcases Total Imaging And Workflow Management Systems For The Ophthalmic World At Vision Expo West
Eye Q Prime Software Solutions From Canon Help To Bring True High-Resolution Digital Imaging and Telemedicine Capabilities to Physician’s Desktop
Las Vegas, September 15, 2005—Helping ophthalmologists and optometrists take full advantage of digital imaging technology, Canon Medical Systems, a division of Canon U.S.A, Inc., will be demonstrating the benefits of using its total digital imaging and workflow management solutions, including its Eye Q Prime Imaging Systems, at the International Vision Expo West Show, September 15-17.
The Eye Q Prime Imaging application from Canon, when used with Canon Non-Mydriatic/Mydriatic Fundus Cameras, helps to quickly capture ultra high-resolution digital images that physicians can review, analyze, print, and digitally communicate to virtually any physician at any facility, anywhere in the world.
“Eye Q Prime software’s unique workflow design helps to simplify optometric patient care by linking retinal images from the Canon Non-Mydriatic camera, along with measurement devices such as the tonometer and auto-ref keratometer, enabling faster diagnosis and treatment by gathering patient information into the same database,” said Tsuneo Imai, director and general manager, Canon Medical Systems.
In addition, Canon will be showing at Vision Expo West the variety of support materials it makes available for physicians to support their business and help to educate their patients. For example, when a doctor purchases the Canon CR-DGi system, an 8.2 megapixel non-mydriatric fundus camera that captures detailed retinal images, Canon provides an educational pamphlet on retinal screening and a DVD on Diabetes, among other materials, to help raise awareness regarding the importance of retinal screenings.
Integrating Digital Imaging Technology and Workflow Management for the Ophthalmic World
Canon offers and markets a full line of digital imaging solutions for the ophthalmic world, including the non-Mydriatic and Mydriatic Fundus camera, full auto-tonometer and full auto-ref keratometer, and a digital slit lamp from Marco Ophthalmic, Inc. (Marco), all of which work directly with the Eye Q Prime Imaging application to create a total imaging and workflow management tool for physicians. The product line includes:
• CR-DGi Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-DGi camera provides up to 8.2 megapixel resolution to enable the capture of well-defined retinal images to help detect and monitor pathologies, including glaucoma and diabetes.
• CF-60DSi Full Digital Fundus Camera: The CF-60DSi offers PC-based operation and study management, outstanding digital image quality for color fundus imaging, F/A and high-precision ICG angiography.
• RK-F1 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: The RK-F1 Keratometer from Canon, inventor of the first Auto Ref-Keratometer, allows for extremely easy operation with full automatic alignment for Refractometry and Keratometry.
• TX-F Full Auto Tonometer: Using innovative Canon Full Automatic technology, and its 3D tracking system, the TX-F Tonometer allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and reliably.
• Marco Slit Lamp with Canon EOS 20D Digital Camera Back: With up to 8.2 megapixel resolution, the Digital Slit Lamp from Marco is one of the most comfortable and versatile slit lamps on the market, with a single-knob, five-step magnification range from 6.3x to 40x, single-handed elevation and easy-to-reach tilt mechanism for gonioscopy.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc. delivers consumer, business-to-business, and industrial imaging solutions. The Company is listed as one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies in America and is rated #35 on the BusinessWeek list of “Top 100 Brands.” Its parent company Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ) is a top patent holder of technology, ranking third overall in the U.S. in 2004, with global revenues of $33.3 billion. For more information, visit www.usa.canon.com.
- Contact Information
- Public Relations Department
- Corporate Communications Division
- Canon U.S.A, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.