Plastic SCM 1.5 released
Codice Software is pleased to announce the official release of Plastic SCM 1.5, the new version of its award winning SCM product.
The new Plastic SCM release is a step ahead in productís evolution and introduces many important new features and enhancements.
- Branch explorer: is one of the most anticipated features in the new Plastic SCM release. Now developers will be able to visualize the whole project evolution using this new capability, which is a new step ahead, together with the 3D version tree, in SCM data representation.
- Query System: the new query system is the mechanism provided by Plastic to locate metadata inside the different repositories in a customizable way. The Plastic SCM query system allows users to create advanced reports to highlight system usage, project statistics, detect usage patterns or simply monitor changes with a SQL-like notation.
- Improved Security System: the new 1.5 release introduces new capabilities allowing the definition of customized access rights to directory trees greatly simplifying the security management. A new type of special user is introduced, the owner, allowing administrators and SCM managers to set special permissions to the objectsí creators.
- Merge system improvements: the merge system has been greatly improved for release 1.5. The Plastic SCM merge support was already one of the most powerful merge system available, implementing features like merge tracking, true rename (required for refactoring support) and an optimized contributor calculation. During the last months the development team has worked in merge performance and implementing an even better renaming support.
- SQL Server support: Plastic SCM will continue including Firebird as default database backend but now SQL Server support (2005 and higher) has been introduced, perfectly integrating with many companies IT infrastructure.
- PowerBuilder integration: a number of IDE are compatible with SCC and the 1.5 release has been specifically tuned to include PowerBuilder as one of the supported platforms.
- CruiseControl support: the release 1.5 is integrated with CruiseControl 2.7, allowing users to automate build and release tasks both with .NET and Java.
- JDeveloper plugin: the new release introduces a JDeveloper plugin. Now both JDeveloper and Eclipse developers can benefit from a full featured integration which will boost their productivity working together with Plastic.
- Enhanced Linux installer: Release 1.5 introduces an enhanced Linux based installer. Now installing and setting up Plastic will be much easier on systems like Ubuntu, Suse and Fedora.
About Codice Software
Codice Software is focused on the design and development of Software Configuration Management solutions. Its main goal is leveraging industry wide SCM practices by introducing a system which provides high-end capabilities at an affordable cost. Plastic SCM, Codiceís flagship product, is one of the most full-featured and cost effective SCM alternatives.
Visit www.plasticscm.com for more information.
- Contact Information
- Marta de Pedro
- Marketing Director
- Codice Software
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.