Verizon Wireless and MediaFLO USA Serve Up a Summer of Sports for V CAST Mobile TV Customers
Comprehensive Live Coverage of Wimbledon on FLO TV: A Mobile TV First
SAN DIEGO — This summer, sports fans never need to miss an ace, kick, flip, volley or final lap - even if they are miles away from their TV sets. V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, which runs on the FLO TV™ service from MediaFLO USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), provides access to an array of not-to-be-missed sports programming from CBS, ESPN, FOX and NBC. The summer of sports includes comprehensive live coverage from Wimbledon, which began on June 25 and will air on both the ESPN Mobile TV and NBC2Go channels on the service.
Verizon Wireless V CAST Mobile TV customers have on-the-go access to an unsurpassed array of live sporting events in the coming months, including:
· Tennis: Fans of Roger Federer, Justine Henin, Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova can enjoy up to 10 hours of live Wimbledon coverage each day on V CAST Mobile TV. From June 25-29, ESPN Mobile TV aired live coverage of the early rounds starting at 7:00 a.m. ET and ending at 5:00 p.m. ET. From June 30 through the championship semifinals, both NBC2Go and ESPN Mobile TV will air live coverage each day. The women’s and men’s finals will be shown live on NBC2Go on July 7 and July 8, respectively.
· NASCAR: V CAST Mobile TV will satisfy the most ardent NASCAR enthusiast with live coverage of the Allstate 400 (July 29), the Pennsylvania 500 (August 5), the NASCAR Nextel Cup (August 12), the 3M Performance 400 (August 19), the Sharpie 500 (August 25) and the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series 500 (September 2) on ESPN Mobile TV with replays airing on FOX Sports Mobile. ESPN Mobile TV will also provide comprehensive coverage of Busch Series events, including 20 live Saturday races and qualifying rounds. The first Busch Series race was broadcast live from the Dover Raceway on June 2.
· Golf: V CAST Mobile TV hits the links with live coverage of the Women’s and Seniors U.S. Open on ESPN Mobile TV starting June 28.
· Soccer: Soccer aficionados will have plenty to cheer about as they follow their favorite major league teams through the second half of the season on ESPN Mobile TV. ESPN Mobile TV will also feature live matches from the Under-20 FIFA World Cup in July.
· Action sports: Devotees of freestyle BMX and skateboarding can follow the X Games from Los Angeles on ESPN Mobile TV (August 2-5), including live coverage and highlights. NBC2Go will carry coverage of the AST Dew Tour starting with the June 23 Panasonic Open. NBC2Go will also cover the Tour as it travels to Cleveland, Ohio for the Right Guard Open.
· College sports: CBS Mobile, in partnership with College Sports Television (CSTV), will feature beach volleyball, softball, weight-lifting, wakeboarding, snowboarding and lacrosse.
· Arena Football: ESPN Mobile TV will feature live coverage of arena football playoffs in June and July.
Sports coverage on V CAST Mobile TV continues to expand following an eventful spring and early summer of 2007, which included more than 400 hours of live sports coverage. Recently featured sporting events included the U.S. Open golf championship (NBC2Go and ESPN Mobile TV), The Stanley Cup (NBC2Go), men’s college basketball championship games (CBS Mobile and ESPN Mobile TV), the Preakness Stakes (NBC2Go) and the qualifying races for the Indianapolis 500 (ESPN Mobile TV) all making their mobile debuts.
V CAST Mobile TV programming - available on eight TV-quality channels, including CBS Mobile, Comedy Central, ESPN Mobile TV, FOX Mobile, MTV: Music Television, NBC2Go, NBC News2Go and Nickelodeon - is presented in “time block”/scheduled availability, consistent with familiar cable and satellite TV models, in both Eastern and Pacific time zones. The program guide includes date, time and program information, and allows customers to view programming details up to 48 hours in advance. With TXT Reminders, V CAST Mobile TV customers can set alerts for their favorite sporting events.
Details of the fall sports programming schedule available on V CAST Mobile TV, including extensive live coverage of the regular college football season and Bowl games, will be announced in the coming months.
For more information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, including programs, pricing and availability, visit the V CAST Mobile TV Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv
Note: All programming is subject to change.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.