American Express Partners with InsureMyTrip®.com to Offer Global Travel Shield® Insurance Products
NEW YORK,- American Express today announced a new partnership with InsureMyTrip®.com, the leading on-line travel insurance aggregator, allowing InsureMyTrip.com to offer packages of Global Travel Shield®(1), a collection of comprehensive travel insurance products, to U.S. residents – both Cardmembers and non-Cardmembers.
“We know that being able to travel with peace-of-mind is a key priority for all consumers and American Express’ Global Travel Shield meets this critical need,” said Aditi Gokhale, vice president, Sales Strategy & Product Management, Card Services, American Express. “Our new partnership with InsureMyTrip.com enables us to provide the Global Travel Shield benefits to a broader and relevant audience.”
Two comprehensive packages of Global Travel Shield insurance products will be available at InsureMyTrip.com with prices starting at $32.00 per person:
* Global Travel Shield Classic Plan - Includes 24-hour Travel Assistance, Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation up to $25,000, Emergency Medical & Dental Expense up to $25,000, Baggage Loss up to $500, Baggage Delay up to $200, Airflight Insurance up to $100,000 and Trip Cancellation/Interruption coverage for up to 100 percent of the trip cost. The prices for the Classic Plan start at $32.00 per person.
* Global Travel Shield Deluxe Plan - Includes 24-hour Travel Assistance, Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation up to $100,000, Trip Delay up to $600 ($300/day), Emergency Medical & Dental Expense up to $100,000, Baggage Loss up to $2,000, Baggage Delay up to $500, Airflight Insurance up to $500,000 and Trip Cancellation/Interruption coverage for up to 100 percent of the trip cost. The prices for the Deluxe Plan start at $42.00 per person.
Each package offered at InsureMyTrip.com features the following travel-related insurances(2):
* Travel Assistance - Includes medical and legal referrals, ATM locators and visa assistance.
* Emergency Medical & Dental Expense - Covers the cost of emergency medical and dental services incurred while traveling.
* Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation - Covers the cost of medical evacuation services as well as travel costs for a bedside visitor if a traveler is hospitalized for more than five days.
* Baggage Loss - Point-to-point protection for damaged, lost, or stolen baggage, including checked bags, carry-on bags and bags on hotel property.
* Baggage Delay - Covers the cost of necessary replacement items after a baggage delay at the traveler’s destination site away from home.
* Airflight Insurance - Covers loss of life and serious accidental injuries, including those incurred while traveling on a scheduled airline flight, as well as to and from the airport.
* Trip Cancellation/Interruption - Reimbursement for nonrefundable costs if a trip is cancelled or interrupted due to a covered reason.
* Trip Delay - Covers the cost of hotel accommodations and other necessary expenses for up to two days if a flight is delayed or cancelled, or if a traveler misses a connection.
“We are very pleased to be working with American Express,” remarked Peter Evans, executive vice president of InsureMyTrip.com. “They have a strong brand and a comprehensive suite of products that will serve consumers well.”
To obtain a quote or to purchase one of the Global Travel Shield packages available at InsureMyTrip.com, consumers can visit http://insuremytrip.com/globaltravelshield/classic.html for the Global Travel Shield Classic Plan or http://insuremytrip.com/globaltravelshield/deluxe.html for the Global Travel Shield Deluxe Plan. Consumers can also call InsureMyTrip.com’s customer service center at 800-487-4722, Monday-Friday 7 A.M. to Midnight, EST; Saturday 9 A.M. to 6 P.M., EST, and Sunday 11 A.M. to 6 P.M. EST for quotes and information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.