Citi Launches an Exclusive Credit Card, New Citi Chairman American Express Card, to Smith Barney and Citi Private Bank Clients
New York – Citi announced today the launch of a new exclusive credit card, the Citi Chairman American Express Card, available later this month. The card is designed to meet the specific needs of a unique group of people, including Smith Barney and Citi Private Bank clients who expect an exceptional level of service and benefits.
“The new Citi Chairman American Express Card combines the best of Citi and Smith Barney resources to provide our cardmembers with the highest level of service and benefits available,” said Raja Rajamannar, Executive Vice President, Citi Cards.
The Citi Chairman American Express Card provides cardmembers a Personal Concierge Service staffed by a highly trained group of individuals dedicated to helping cardmembers gain exclusive levels of assistance and access. In addition, Citi Chairman American Express cardmembers will receive outstanding travel benefits and premium rewards.
“We are delighted to introduce the premium services and benefits that the Citi Chairman American Express Card has to offer,” said Craig Pfeiffer, Executive Vice President Smith Barney. “We are committed to continually providing our clients with superior services and unique reward experiences, and the new Chairman Card allows us to offer clients a level of prestige not typically associated with a credit card product.”
The exclusive cardmember services, benefits and rewards include:
* No Foreign Currency Transaction Fees – Members get more for their money when traveling abroad, with no foreign currency transaction fees for purchases until January 2009.
* Exceptional Rewards – Members are automatically enrolled in ThankYou Network, a free rewards program that lets members earn points from a growing network of places and pool these points into one ThankYou Member Account. Cardmembers earn points quickly toward rewards such as electronics, retail gift cards, and luxury travel. Members get points for using eligible Citi credit cards, banking at Citibank with an eligible checking account and booking eligible travel on Expedia.com. In addition, cardmembers are eligible for the exclusive “Your Wish Fulfilled” program, allowing cardmembers to work with “Wish Specialists” to create personalized, one-of-a-kind reward experiences. And Citi Chairman American Express cardmembers enjoy accelerated point accumulation. They earn points for all purchases as well as points for the miles they fly on any airline ticket purchased with the card. This is in addition to miles earned on frequent flyer programs.
* Personal Concierge Service – Members have direct 24-hour access to Citi’s highest level of concierge representatives for assistance with dining arrangements, gift services, events and travel planning, ranging from hard-to-get restaurant reservations to exclusive behind-the-scenes access to special events.
* Outstanding Travel Benefits – Members have access to private jet programs, airport lounges, as well as complimentary companion travel to select international destinations, and upgrades and discounts at world-class accommodations.
Other benefits of the Citi Chairman American Express Card include:
* The ability to grant administrator rights to have someone manage your account for you
* Comprehensive fraud and theft protection
* Medical evacuation and transportation coverage
* Detailed charge record for each card in the account
* Retail protection with increased warranties
* Enhanced spending power with a revolving credit line
* The freedom to manage billing cycles and determine payment methods
Smith Barney is a division of Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Member SIPC
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.