Mattel Brands Unveils Robust Portfolio Of Top Properties, Innovative Programs And Premier Partnerships Across Boys, Girls And Infant/Preschool Brands At 2007 Licensing International Show
Global Licensing Leader Announces Trend-Setting Alliances With Best-In-Class Partners
El Segundo, Calif.- From pioneering licensor to trusted licensee, Mattel Brands (Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Polly Pocket™ and Fisher-Price®) showcases its industry leadership and category innovation at the 2007 Licensing International Show in New York City with the announcement of its best-in-class partnerships, top properties and premier lifestyle product lines. Introducing break-frame licensing initiatives in 2007, Mattel Brands reveals its portfolio of new, “best-in-class” programs across numerous categories, including entertainment, apparel, footwear, back-to-school, jewelry, accessories, home décor, electronics, sporting goods, personal care and beauty for boys, girls and infants/toddlers.
“Mattel Brands continues to introduce what’s next for the licensing industry by creating innovative, break-frame programs, forging first-of-their-kind partnerships, and pioneering and growing new categories,” said Richard Dickson, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Media and Entertainment, Worldwide. “As the world’s leading toy company, ’play’ is intrinsic to everything we do, and Mattel leads in delivering unique play experiences across all platforms and categories relevant to boys, girls, infants and adults.”
Mattel Brands’ heritage is the longest and strongest in the industry with a collective 173 years of top brands and properties, including Barbie®, Hot Wheels®, Polly Pocket™ and Fisher-Price®. Mattel Brands continues to grow its long list of “firsts” and successes which include: expanding its entertainment offerings with the hottest 2008 studio properties, as well as perennial favorites; promoting active, on-the-go lifestyles among kids with “playful” sporting goods and outdoor play partners such as Dynacraft, PTI Sports and SportsSource; aligning with premier adult and youth cosmetics companies such as M·A·C and Bonne Bell®; and leveraging its scale of brands to extend licensing programs across properties, in particular, significantly growing its Fisher-Price® licensing portfolio in 2007 and 2008.
Premier partners and licensing deals include:
* Universal Studios Home Entertainment - Continuing its multi-picture alliance with Universal Studios Home Entertainment, “Barbie™ as The Island Princess” direct-to-DVD movie will debut this fall. Propelling Barbie® doll’s trail-blazing, on-screen career to new heights with the brand’s seventh princess tale, “Barbie™ as The Island Princess” is sure to be the season’s must-have DVD.
* Disney - Mattel Brands continues to delight tween fans with a collection of new dolls and games based on the upcoming Disney Channel sequel, “High School Musical 2,” as well as with a new DVD board game that brings the popular TV series “Hannah Montana” to life with favorite scenes and chart-topping songs.
* Barbie™ B Cause* - Mattel is excited to introduce Barbie™ B Cause, a fashion statement that makes an environmental statement to the world. Barbie™ B Cause is a limited edition accessory line that reuses and repurposes excess Barbie™ fabric and trimmings. Each fashionable, playful bag, belt, scarf and more is one-of-a-kind, giving extra meaning and extra style to what was once just extra fabric. The collection features on-trend styling combined with kitschy patchwork arts-and-crafts details, inspiring nostalgic remembrances of girlhood to eco-conscious women everywhere.
The collection is just a small step in support of Mattel’s Global Sustainability plan, which represents a new way of integrating across the company in an effort to reduce Mattel’s environmental footprint... B Cause it’s a cause to believe in. B Cause being environmentally-friendly is the right thing to do.
* The Bonne Bell® Company - Barbie® and Bonne Bell®, two globally loved girl brands known for inspiring playful creativity and imaginative self expression among generations of girls, are coming together to launch an unprecedented girl-focused beauty initiative. The Barbie® and Bonne Bell® partnership will bring girls a fun and unique beauty experience, leveraging the unparalleled popularity of Bonne Bell® and the world’s most famous face Barbie® - both recognized among girls as leaders in beauty and fashion.
* Layna and Alan Friedman Diamonds - Representing Barbie® doll’s ultimate glamour and style, Mattel Brands introduces “Barbie™ Rocks by Layna and Alan Friedman” - a co-branded fine jewelry collection of pink diamonds, precious and semi-precious colored stones and rare metals for “girls” of all ages. The collection will range from moderately priced jewelry to very high-end pieces and will include pendants, rings, earrings, charms, key rings and bracelets, as well as a signature “Barbie™ Rocks by Layna and Alan Friedman” heart-shaped clasp in Barbie™ pink gold. As part of the partnership, both Mattel and Layna and Alan Friedman will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation.
* Mighty Fine, Inc. - This year, Mighty Fine, Inc., an industry-leading apparel manufacturer partners with both Barbie® and Fisher-Price® for the first time ever. The new line of trendy nostalgic t-shirts for adults and toddlers, as well as onesies, will feature classic Fisher-Price® art. Additionally, the new line of Barbie™ t-shirts, knit tops and fleece will feature classic Barbie™ images with a modern twist, appealing to the junior market. The new collection of trend-right tops will be available beginning spring 2008 in hip boutiques, specialty and department stores nationwide.
* Mayfair - Mayfair, the industry’s leading infant/toddler apparel company, and Fisher-Price® join forces in 2007 to create a new line of Fisher-Price® layette and playwear for newborns, infants and toddlers. The full apparel line will utilize the Fisher-Price® colorful and playful “Animals of the Rainforest” design which is also a popular theme across the brand’s sleepwear, bedding and Baby Gear product lines. The new layette collection will be available in September 2007.
* Hanes - Mattel Brands partners with Hanes, one of the most trusted brands in children’s apparel, to deliver a brand new line of Polly Pocket™ character-based underwear. The girl’s underwear briefs feature front and back screen prints and coordinated rainbow tipped elastic. Mattel Brands and Hanes also continues its existing collaboration offering Barbie™ and Hot Wheels™ underwear for children.
* Buster Brown - For more than 20 years, Barbie® and Buster Brown & Co, have put more than 40 million pairs of shoes on kids’ feet, and in 2007, extend their long-term licensing relationship for Barbie™ character footwear, including sandals, casuals, dress shoes and athletics.
* Springs Global - Springs Global will develop a completely new collection of Fisher-Price® bedding including sheets, blankets, mattress pads, bumpers, and valances, as well as diaper stackers, lamps, wall borders, wall hangings, switch plates, night lights, valances and baskets. Fisher-Price® branded bath products will include supertowels, hooded towels, washcloths and washmitts available this spring. In addition to the traditional bed and bath collection, Mattel and Springs Global have collaborated on an activity-based line of bedding featuring Barbie™, Hot Wheels™ and Polly Pocket™ bringing a dynamic play experience into the child’s home environment, such as “make-it-yourself” fleece throws and pillow shams available this spring 2007.
* Sports Source - Sports Source, Inc., the leading manufacturer and distributor of quality golf equipment, and Barbie™ will tee-up to provide innovative golf equipment for little girls featuring sound and light-up features. The girl’s junior line includes golf sets for ages 3-5 with a button on the grip of the putter that activates various phrases such as “great shot!” The golf sets for girls ages 5-8 feature a putter that lights-up. Additional products in the Barbie™ golf line include golf ball packs, golf bags, entry level and deluxe all-in-1 sets and more, available at major retail stores and sporting goods stores nationwide.
* Emerson Radio Corp. - In 2007, Emerson Radio Corp, the industry leader in consumer electronics and Fisher-Price® join forces to launch a new line of electronic musical instruments designed just for preschoolers marketed under the Fisher-Price® Kidtronics sub-brand. The line features four products including the Sing ’n Play Keyboard, Sing ’n Play Guitar, Rock ’n Play Drums, and Teachin’ Tunes Guitar. Additionally, girls will be able to “plug into pink” with Barbie™ Real Electronics by Emerson Radio Corp. The new product line is designed for girls ages 4-8 and includes a personal CD player, portable boombox, an alarm clock radio, a DVD player and television. In the fall, six new items will be available including the Barbie™ Story Teller Clock Radio™, Barbie™ B-View™ Digital Photo Frame, Barbie™ Speaker System iPod® Docking Station, Barbie™ Telephone and more.
* Oregon Scientific - Polly Pocket™ and Oregon Scientific, the world’s leading designer and marketer of upscale lifestyle electronics products partner to provide a new Polly Pocket™ Laptop available in spring 2008 featuring eight fun learning games that encourage exploration, creativity and enhance a child’s cognitive development. Additionally, Mattel Brands and Oregon Scientific continue to grow their existing alliances with Barbie™ and Hot Wheels™ with the latest electronic offerings featuring sleek new designs and more game options to choose from, the Barbie™ B-Smart™ Learning Laptop and Hot Wheels™ Accelerator Laptop are sure to be favorites for first and second graders, while the new Barbie™ Globe takes girls on a worldwide learning adventure.
* Hallmark Cards, Inc. - In 2007, Hallmark partners with both Fisher-Price® and Polly Pocket™ for the first time ever. The Fisher-Price® line features party supplies, keepsakes, gift wrap and greeting cards. Additionally, Fisher-Price® will introduce a brand new Holiday ornament featuring the 1960s classic ’See N Say’ available beginning in October. The Polly Pocket™ line includes party goods, gift bags and greeting cards that feature Polly Pocket™ signature green and purple colors as well as bold, hip graphics.
* HarperCollins - Fisher-Price® and HarperCollins are collaborating to help raise readers right from the start! As the No. 1 infant brand worldwide, Fisher-Price has partnered with HarperCollins Children’s Books to create a global-infant publishing program. HarperCollins Children’s Books is respected worldwide for their award winning children’s books which include Goodnight Moon and Charlotte’s Web. The first four titles in the Fisher-Price® program are planned to launch in January of 2008 with six additional titles to round out the year. Themes taken from the wildly popular Laugh & Learn™ and Rainforest™ product lines will be the basis for the storylines.
* Simplicity for Children, Inc. - Fisher-Price® and Simplicity, a quality manufacturer of babygear, have partnered to build upon the global momentum of the Fisher-Price® babygear business. Simplicity extends Fisher-Price into the playard and bassinet categories. In 2007, Simplicity launched the Rainforest™ Play-yard to much retail success and will follow up with a Rainforest™ Bassinet available in Summer 2007. The Simplicity bassinet is enhanced with plush soft goods with a motorized mobile featuring three jungle friends that gently twirl around to soothing sounds and music of the rainforest - making the item a delight for parents and children alike.
Additional alliances for Barbie® include: Crest, Children’s Apparel Network, Loungefly, Disguise, REM Eyewear, Hunter Fans and Barbie™ by TARINA TARANTINO and others; for Hot Wheels®: Accessory Network Group, Gertmenian & Sons, Planet Sox, WATER-JEL®, Zooth Idea Nuova and others; for Polly Pocket™: Dynacraft, Thermos and others; and for Fisher-Price®: Mayfair, Dream Apparel, Greattech Vision, Regent/Baby King, Tollytots, Planet Toys and others.
*Name subject to change
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.