AOL To Exhibit At Digital Hollywood Spring
Company to Showcase Open API Offerings on the Show Floor
Executives from AIM, AOL Video, AOL Music and GameDaily.com Scheduled to Participate on Panels
Dulles, VA – AOL today announced that it will participate in the Digital Hollywood conference, taking place June 11-14, 2007 in Santa Monica, CA. In addition to an event sponsorship, AOL will have five representatives speaking on panels as well as a booth where conference attendees can learn more about the company’s newest and most popular APIs (application programming interfaces).
To highlight AOL’s commitment to provide developers with open access to its popular services, the company will present its line-up of Open API products on the Digital Hollywood show floor in the Santa Monica Loews, booth #11. These APIs include:
- Open AIM - An open and dynamic platform allowing developers to drive the AIM service in innovative new directions;
- AOL Video Search APIs - A set of tools allowing developers to build innovative video search-driven applications that access AOL’s extensive index containing millions of videos from across the Web; and
- Open Xdrive - Combined with a complimentary 5GB Xdrive account, this API allows users to quickly and efficiently enhance their website or applications with interactive storage functionality.
For more information about available open APIs, tools and documentation for all of the AOL API offerings, please visit http://dev.aol.com/.
In addition to exhibiting, five AOL executives will speak on various panels and topics throughout the week. The speaker lineup is as follows; specific panel locations can be found in the conference program:
Monday, June 11
- 2:30-3:30pm, Track II: Mark Friedler, Director of Games at AOL and publisher of GameDaily.com, a leading provider of video game news, reviews, free downloads and trade news, will speak on panel “Advertising NEXT: Social Networks, User Generated Video, Blogs, IMs, Podcasts, Broadband and Mobile – It’s the Breakthrough Year!”.
Tuesday, June 12
- 10:45am-12:00pm, Track III: Fred McIntyre, Senior Vice President of AOL Video, will speak on panel “Ubiquitous Video to the Consumer: The Technology & Content Enablers – Broadband, IPTV, Mobile & TV”.
- 10:45am-12:00pm, Track IV: Steve Greenberg, Chief of Strategy for Messaging and Community Products at AOL, will speak on panel “Personalized Mobile Experience – Social Networking: Breakthroughs in Messaging, Music, Video Capabilities & Advertising”.
Wednesday, June 13
- 10:45am-12:00pm, Track II: Scott Boyd, Director of Music Industry Relations for AOL® Music, the AOL® Radio Network and Spinner.com, will speak on panel “Digital Music & Its Transformation at Digital Hollywood in Santa Monica”.
- 2:15-3:30pm, Track IV: Stephen Benedict, Principal Product Manager for AIM, will speak on panel “Social Networks & User Generated Media as a Technology Challenged: The Platform, the Content & the Network”.
A full conference agenda, including additional details on these sessions and speaker bios, can be found at: http://www.digitalhollywood.com/LASpring07Agenda.html.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.