QUALCOMM to Bring Increased Mobility and Processing Performance to Future Computing and Consumer Electronic Products
QUALCOMM Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), a leading developer and innovator of Code division Multiple Access (CDMA ) and other advanced wireless technologies, today announced that it will be showcasing a wide range of technological innovations at Computex 2007 as part of its increasing focus on computing and consumer device markets. The Company’s commitment to delivering unsurpassed mobility, performance and connectivity revolves around its Snapdragon platform, which offers ubiquitous broadband mobility and exceptional processing performance. The Company offers industry-leading integrated solutions that feature a wide range of advanced capabilities, many of which will be demonstrated June 5-9 in meeting room #1045 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
“Today’s consumer electronics are in the midst of being revolutionized as consumers begin to expect powerful performance, ‘always-on’ connectivity and untethered mobility with long battery life,” said Luis Pineda, senior vice president of product management and marketing for QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies. “With a strong legacy of bringing cutting-edge technologies to mobile handsets, QUALCOMM is uniquely positioned to help shape the future of mobile electronics and computing devices.”
QUALCOMM will be demonstrating numerous technologies and applications during Computex Taipei 2007, including:
· The Snapdragon Platform: QUALCOMM’s new platform of solutions adds expanded functionality to future generations of consumer electronics by delivering ubiquitous mobile broadband access, together with unsurpassed processing performance and battery life.
· Next-Generation Wi-Fi : 802.11n WLAN technology supports high-definition TV streaming and other data-intensive applications that complement the services enabled by widespread cellular mobile broadband - from multimedia streaming and video sharing to location services and mobile online games.
· Bold 3D Graphics: QUALCOMM’s technology includes hardware-accelerated 3D graphics for immersive multiplayer gaming, compelling user interfaces and the enhancement of other applications with crisp picture quality and superior performance.
· Broadcast Mobile TV: QUALCOMM provides solutions for the world’s leading mobile TV standards - including MediaFLO™, DVB-H and one-segment ISDB-T - and offers simultaneous delivery of multimedia content to millions of subscribers.
· GPS Location Services with Street Corner Accuracy: QUALCOMM’s QPoint™ and gpsOne™ solutions provide one of the most complete, integrated mass-market location services solutions available today. Users can find where they are, how close they are to friends and loved ones, what’s close by and how to get to where they want to go.
QUALCOMM Incorporated (www.qualcomm.com) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., QUALCOMM is included in the S&P 500 Index and is a 2007 FORTUNE 500® company traded on The Nasdaq Stock Market® under the ticker symbol QCOM.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.