Borders® to Open New Store in Coral Gables, Fla.
ANN ARBOR, Mich.—— Borders, Inc. will open a 23,243 square foot store at the Village of Merrick Park in Coral Gables, Fla. in October. The store will be located at the intersection of Bird Road and South Dixie Highway.
The new site was selected based on a variety of factors, including consumer demographics, the strength of the co-tenants, traffic patterns, the availability of parking, visibility and the overall attractiveness of the new site.
The opening of this new store is expected to create approximately 25 to 30 jobs in the local community. Employment opportunities at Borders in Coral Gables will be posted online and available in September. To apply, please visit Borders at http://www.bordersgroupinc.com/careers/borders.htm.
Borders, which embraces its role as a vital, contributing member of the community and celebrates its customers’ desire to explore and find personal enrichment and knowledge, offers the opportunity to enjoy local appearances by authors and performers as well as free activities for children. Community connections are important to Borders. The new store will serve as a community-gathering place for the residents of Coral Gables.
Committed to offering customers an engaged and rich shopping experience that meets their needs, the new store in Coral Gables will offer:
· A diverse and relevant assortment of up to 200,000 book, music and movie titles available in an inviting atmosphere with plenty of comfortable seating throughout the store.
· A Seattle’s Best Coffee® café that will serve its full line of premium coffee and non-coffee beverages, including lattes, mochas and blended beverages, and a fresh food menu, featuring pastries and sandwiches.
· A Paperchase shop with a wide selection of fashionable notebooks, journals, wrapping paper, greeting cards and other gifts and stationery items from U.K.-based Paperchase® Products Limited.
· Internet access. Through an alliance with T-Mobile®, Borders stores are T-Mobile HotSpots®, allowing customers using Wi-Fi enabled laptops or PDAs with a T-Mobile account the ability to comfortably surf the web, access email, connect to their corporate network, or download large files all while connected to the nation’s largest, carrier-owned Wi-Fi network.
· Borders Rewards® is a free loyalty program where all customer purchases count toward earning Borders Bucks that can be used on future purchases. In addition, members enjoy exclusive Borders Rewards Bonus Events and receive members-only coupons and savings opportunities throughout the year.
· “Borders Recommends” titles and reviews displayed throughout the store. In addition, knowledgeable booksellers are happy to suggest titles well suited to each customer.
· Multiple self-serve Borders Search stations offering customers the opportunity to check the availability of a particular title and where it is located within the store. In addition, the stations in each store’s music department will give customers the chance to listen to a CD before purchasing it.
· Borders Group Savings and Services Program offering discounts, deferred billing, complimentary price quotes and specialized customer service to businesses, schools, libraries and non-profit groups. Membership to this program is free.
· The Borders Original Voices program, now in its 11th year, highlights the work of new and emerging authors and artists and helps Borders share its passion for books, music, and movies with customers from one enthusiast to another. Over the course of a year, more than 200 new works are featured in Borders stores.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.