Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Signs New Agreements with Tenet
DALLAS – Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) announced today that its Texas hospitals have entered into new contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas for their Blue Cross PPO and HMO patients. The agreements are effective July 1, 2007. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Under the contracts, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas policy holders will continue to receive in-network access at ten of Tenet’s twelve acute care hospitals and two specialty care hospitals in Texas.
“We are pleased to reach a successful conclusion to these negotiations,” said Robert L. Smith, senior vice president of operations for Tenet’s hospitals in Texas. “The new agreements allow us to further strengthen our relationship with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, and we welcome the opportunity to continue providing quality care for its members.”
The agreements also include Sierra Providence Eastside Hospital in El Paso when that new 104-bed facility opens in the spring of 2008. RHD Memorial Medical Center and Trinity Medical Center, located in the Dallas market, will remain part of the Blue Cross preferred network, but will not participate in the new agreements due to the previously disclosed management transition of those hospitals to Hospital Partners of America in August.
The following Tenet hospitals are included in the agreements and will continue to serve the health care needs of Blue Cross members in Texas:
• Centennial Medical Center, Frisco
• Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital, Houston
• Doctors Hospital of Dallas, Dallas
• Sierra Providence Eastside Hospital, El Paso (Opens Spring of 2008)
• Houston Northwest Medical Center, Houston
• Lake Pointe Medical Center, Rowlett
• Nacogdoches Medical Center, Nacogdoches
• Park Plaza Hospital and Medical Center, Houston
• Plaza Specialty Hospital, Houston
• Providence Memorial Hospital, El Paso (includes The Children’s Hospital at Providence)
• Shelby Regional Medical Center, Center
• Sierra Medical Center, El Paso
• Sierra Providence Physical Rehabilitation Hospital, El Paso
Tenet Healthcare Corporation, through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals and related health care services. Tenet’s hospitals aim to provide the best possible care to every patient who comes through their doors, with a clear focus on quality and service. Tenet can be found on the World Wide Web at www.tenethealth.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.