Dell XPS 720 H2O Edition Gaming Rig Delivers Stellar Performance without Losing its Cool
Dell’s Newest Gaming Desktop Supports Overclocking of Multiple Components
Dell today expanded its internationally recognized line of desktop gaming systems with the XPSTM 720 H2C Edition, a performance junkie’s dream built around a variety of premium technologies designed for overclocking1.
The XPS 720 H2C Edition pushes the limits of extreme performance with Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) memory technology. The system ships with 800MHz Corsair® DOMINATORTM EPP memory modules (factory overclocked1 to 1066MHz) combined with Intel® multi-core processors (factory overclocked1 up to bin+3). Additionally, BIOS switches allow users to manipulate the speed of the front-side bus and chipset through the Windows® operating system and third-party applications such as nVIDIA® nTune2.
To help ensure optimal operating conditions, Dell’s patent-pending, two-stage liquid H2C Ceramic cooling technology can deliver optimized thermal controls with minimal power.
“Hard-core gamers and technology enthusiasts continue to challenge us to push limits, and we relish turning those challenges into reality,” said Glen Robson, general manager, Dell’s worldwide gaming products. “Dell is committed to delivering the best PC gaming experience available, combining leading-edge hardware and accessory innovations with the most extreme games, and the XPS gaming products are designed to do exactly that.”
Technology Advancements Deliver Extreme Gaming
The XPS 720 H2C Edition showcases a number of other technology advancements. For example, “Richard Garriott’s Tabula Rasa,” by NCSoft, due out this fall, delivers new levels of environmental complexity with its multi-threaded code primed to take advantage of multi-core processors. The recently released “CellFactor: Revolution,” by Artificial Studios, Timeline Interactive and Immersion Games, takes full advantage of the AGEIA® PhysXTM Processor to deliver realistic movement and environmental interaction at incredible speeds without degrading overall performance.
Systems configured with dual SLI-enabled nVIDIA GeForce graphics cards will be ideally suited to take on this year’s highly anticipated DirectX® 10 gaming titles, as well as next-generation OpenGL® titles. The cards also support connections to large high-resolution displays without impacting realism or fluidity of game play. Hard-core multi-taskers can set up dual or even quad-display stations to combine game play with productivity applications.
Let There be Light – with Dell’s LightFX Technology
Dell has expanded the LightFXTM toolkit, originally introduced on the XPS M1710 notebook computer, to the XPS 720 H2C desktop. LightFX is a unique application that allows users and developers to manipulate the multi-colored perimeter lighting LEDs incorporated into the XPS 720 H2C Edition.
With LightFX, enthusiasts control three light zones (back, front/top, front/bottom), eight intensity levels, and 16 colors, with the capability to create unique lighting scenarios that match specific game activities such as breathing or heartbeat. The technology also supports the development of custom lighting effects including flashing, strobe, chasing and cross fades between colors and zones, or tie lighting effects to gaming events such as fire, damage or life drain. More about Dell’s LightFX technology and the software developer’s kit is available at www.dell.com/lightfx.
The Nitty-Gritty Details
With a starting price $5,999, the XPS 720 H2C Edition features:
* Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6700 at 2.66GHz (factory overclocked1 to 3.46GHz) combined with nVIDIA nForce 680i SLi MCP (D)**
* Dell H2C thermo-electric/liquid cooling system
* 2GB 800MHz Corsair DOMINATOR DDR2 memory featuring EPP (factory overclocked1 to 1066MHz)
* SLI-enabled dual 768MB nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX graphics cards
* Dual 160GBsc3 SATA 3GB/s 10,000RPM hard drives that support RAID 0, 1 0+14 and 54
* 2X Blu-ray disc drive
* Sound BlasterTM X-FiTM XtremeMusic (D)** sound card
* 24-inch UltraSharpTM 2407FPW widescreen digital display with Dell AS501 10-watt flat panel speakers
* Choice of Microsoft® Windows VistaTM Home Premium or Windows XP Media Center
* 2.44mm-thick aluminum case with high gloss Piano Black paint and 1KW power supply
* One year At Home5 limited warranty6 service and support
** Certain components may differ from the retail version
* Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6800 at 2.93GHz (factory overclocked1 to 3.73GHz)
* SLI-enabled dual nVida GeForce 8800 Ultra graphics cards
* AGEIA PhysX Processor
* 27-inch UltraSharpTM 2707WFP widescreen digital display
* Dell WL6000 5.8GHz Wireless rear 5.1 speaker system with subwoofer
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.