Qwest Named Five-Star Employer In Support Of National Guard And Reserve Employees In Utah
Qwest Communications announced today that it earned a Statement of Support from Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) as a “Five-Star Employer” in Utah. This is the highest honor ESGR awards to companies for their support of employees in the National Guard and Reserve.
In addition to keeping jobs available for returning employees, Qwest offers differential pay when military pay is lower than an employee’s normal salary, and the company keeps most benefits in force during a leave of absence.
“We are gratified that Qwest employees know that while they are serving their country they do not have to worry about their civilian jobs,” said James G. Martin, ESGR chairman for Utah.
Qwest also maintains contact with service members and their families and helps in other ways, including organizing drives to collect comfort items for shipment to U.S. personnel serving in the armed forces.
“Employees are the backbone of our company, and we go to great lengths to support them and their families as they serve their country,” said Jerry Fenn, Qwest president for Utah.
The Five-Star Statement of Support confirms that Qwest:
* Promotes training for managers and supervisors to effectively manage its employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
* Signed a Statement of Support publicly demonstrating its support for its employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserve.
* Reviewed its human resources policies to ensure compliance with the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
* Adopted polices and programs that are “Above and Beyond” what is required by the USERRA Law.
* Is an advocate for employee service in the National Guard and Reserve and will help to promote the mission of ESGR.
Details about ACSI’s survey for the fixed line telephone industry and Qwest’s performance can be found at www.theacsi.org.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.