Toluna issues shares to charity
Toluna, Europe’s fastest growing online market research panel and survey technology provider,
is pleased to announce that the company is issuing a total of 25,000 new ordinary shares of 1p each, divided equally between the following five charitable organisations:
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters in more than 70 countries.
- Arc en Ciel. Since 1991, Arc en Ciel realises dreams of sick children, whether it be to swim with dolphins, to attend the training of astronauts, to attend a performance by their favourite artist. These dreams are made with the close cooperation with the medical teams that take medical responsibility for the child.
- Cancer Research UK is the world’s largest independent funder of cancer research. It supports the work of more than 3,500 scientists, doctors and nurses in hospitals, universities and research institutes across the UK, conducting research into all aspects of cancer, from improving its diagnosis through to developing better treatments and improving the quality of life for cancer patients.
- The Scleroderma Society. Scleroderma is a rare connective tissue disease that damages the skin and internal organs. There is no cure. The Scleroderma Society, which is run by volunteers, supports people with this disease, increases awareness of scleroderma amongst health professionals and the public, and funds scientific and medical research.
- Basis e.V. a Frankfurt based charity help to provide employment for drug addicted or former drug addicted people.
These charitable organisations were nominated by the staff in the online market research offices where Toluna have operated in 2006 (France, UK, Germany and the US) and by Toluna board members.
Application has been made for these shares to be admitted to AIM and it is expected that dealings in these shares will commence on 8 May 2007. Frederic-Charles Petit, Chief Executive of the Company, has paid the £250 nominal value to facilitate their issue.
On admission, the Company will have 35,940,245 voting ordinary shares in issue.
Toluna hope the creation and gifting of new shares to worthy causes will encourage other companies listed on AIM to support charities in this way.
Toluna, is Europe’s leading independent online panel and technology provider to the global marketing research industry.
The company provides sample and custom panel building expertise to over 250 of the world’s leading market research agencies from offices across Europe and North America. Toluna has built and manages a panel community of over 1.5 million active members across 20 European and international countries. This has been extensively profiled into 16 specialist panels, reaching niche segments to provide premium quality survey research data. In addition, Toluna’s survey software - AutomateSurvey, provides a highly robust and scalable hosted technology platform, which enables research professionals to easily build, manage and run their own online panels and surveys.
Toluna PR Contact:
Corporate Marketing Manager
8 Walpole Court
Tel: +44 (0) 207 153 4557
Fax: +44 (0) 207 153 4557
- Contact Information
- Lee Powney
- Corporate Marketing Manager
- Toluna PLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.