Pioneer Introduces the First In-Dash HDD-based Navigation System in Australia
Pioneer Corporation announced today its AVIC-HD3 HDD-based in-car navigation system, merging high-quality navigation and audio/visual entertainment functions in a double DIN chassis, which will mark the first in-dash HDD-based navigation system in the Australian consumer market.
In Australia, manufacturers are making headway in the development and introduction of car navigation systems based on models already available in the European and U.S. markets. Although very new, the car navigation market in Australia is rapidly expanding. To respond to such market conditions, Pioneer has decided this launch of a high value-added, smart in-car navigation system.
Pioneer launched the world’s first GPS car navigation system designed for the Japanese consumer market in June 1990, followed by the European and North American consumer markets in 1999, Chinese market in March 2006, and Russian market at the end of 2006. This entry into the Australian consumer market represents an additional step in Pioneer’s efforts to further expand the global market for navigation systems.
The Pioneer AVIC-HD3 will be available in Australia in June, 2007.
(1) A 30-gigabyte hard drive offers superior navigation and advanced A/V entertainment capabilities including:
- Intelligent re-routing
- HDD Music Library (supporting the Gracenote(R) Music Recognition Service)
(2) The map covers the whole of Australia and includes 97% of the population.
(3) 7.0-inch touch screen display
(4) Bluetooth(R) wireless technology enables cellular phone handsfree operation (using Pioneer’s optional adaptor).
(5) iPod(R) control (using Pioneer’s optional iPod adaptor)
(6) DVD Video, CD’s with Audio, CD-R/CD-RW, and MP3 files can be played.
(7) Sophisticated voice recognition makes it easier and safer to utilize navigation, audio and attachment functions even during driving.
 As of May 17, 2007.
* Gracenote is a trademark of Gracenote. Music Recognition Service and MRS are service marks of Gracenote.
* The Bluetooth word mark and logo are registered trademarks and are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
* iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
About Pioneer Corporation
Pioneer Corporation is one of the leading manufacturers of consumer and business-use electronics products such as audio, video and car electronics on a global scale. Its shares are traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. For more information , please visit http://pioneer.jp.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.