Borders® to Open New Store in Sandusky, Ohio
Borders will open a new 22,012 square foot store in November in the Sandusky Mall, located at the intersection of Milan Road (Route 250) and Hull Road.
The new site was selected based on a variety of factors, including consumer demographics, the strength of the co-tenants, traffic patterns, the availability of parking, visibility and the overall attractiveness of the new site.
To anticipate the opening of the store, Walden Book Company, Inc., a subsidiary of global book, music and movie retailer Borders Group, Inc. (NYSE:BGP), will close the 2,700 square foot Waldenbooks® store currently located in the Sandusky Mall. This will be done to better meet the growing needs of the surrounding community. Borders will work closely with Waldenbooks employees to find positions at the new store.
Committed to offering customers an engaged and rich shopping experience that meets their needs, the new store in Sandusky will offer:
· A diverse and relevant assortment of up to 200,000 book, music and movie titles available in an inviting atmosphere with plenty of comfortable seating throughout the store.
· A Seattle’s Best Coffee® café that will serve its full line of premium coffee and non-coffee beverages, including lattes, mochas and blended beverages, and a fresh food menu, featuring pastries and sandwiches.
· A Paperchase shop with a wide selection of fashionable notebooks, journals, wrapping paper, greeting cards and other gifts and stationery items from U.K.-based Paperchase® Products Limited.
· Internet access. Through an alliance with T-Mobile®, Borders stores are T-Mobile HotSpots®, allowing customers using Wi-Fi enabled laptops or PDAs with a T-Mobile account the ability to comfortably surf the web, access email, connect to their corporate network, or download large files all while connected to the nation’s largest, carrier-owned Wi-Fi network.
· Borders Rewards® is a free loyalty program where all customer purchases count toward earning Borders Bucks that can be used on future purchases. In addition, members enjoy exclusive Borders Rewards Bonus Events and receive members-only coupons and savings opportunities throughout the year.
· “Borders Recommends” titles and reviews displayed throughout the store. In addition, knowledgeable booksellers are happy to suggest titles well suited to each customer.
· Multiple self-serve Borders Search stations offering customers the opportunity to check the availability of a particular title and where it is located within the store. In addition, the stations in each store’s music department will give customers the chance to listen to a CD before purchasing it.
· Borders Group Savings and Services Program offering discounts, deferred billing, complimentary price quotes and specialized customer service to businesses, schools, libraries and non-profit groups. Membership to this program is free.
· The Borders Original Voices program, now in its 11th year, highlights the work of new and emerging authors and artists and helps Borders share its passion for books, music, and movies with customers from one enthusiast to another. Over the course of a year, more than 200 new works are featured in Borders stores.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.