Allergen Screen Check (ASC) Helps Allergy and Asthma Sufferers
Clearwater, FL – According to the Academy of Asthma, Allergy and Immunology (AAAI) every year, of the over 20 million asthma suffers, 5000 asthma attacks are fatal. Additionally, the following allergy/asthma statistics are staggering:
* Asthma and allergies strike 1 out of 4 Americans.
* Nine million U.S. children under 18 have been diagnosed with asthma.
* More than four million children have had an asthma attack in the previous year.
* More than 70% of people with asthma also suffer from allergies.
* Approximately 40% of children who have asthmatic parents will develop asthma.
* Direct health care costs for asthma in the United States total more than $10 billion annually; indirect costs (lost productivity) add another $8 billion for a total of $18 billion.
* Every day in America 40,000 people miss school or work, 30,000 people have an asthma attack, 5,000 people visit the emergency room, 1,000 people are admitted to the hospital and 11 people die due to asthma.
In keeping with the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) 1997 recommendations, it is desirable to identify and remove common allergens and modify the home or office to reduce the level of ubiquitous (common) allergens.
Now, Building Health Check L.L.C. (BHC), a national indoor air quality (IAQ) consulting firm and franchisor of building diagnostic sciences services, has made available a professional product line of do-it-yourself (DIY) IAQ Screen Check s to evaluate the indoor environment of a home or office. The Allergen Screen Check (ASC) kits assist with identifying what common allergens are present in the home or office. The resulting information can be given to a medical professional such as an allergist/immunologist to help with prescribing a method of treatment.
The ASC kits can help identify dust mites, fungal elements (e.g. plant fragments and/or spores from mold), pollen, skin cell fragments, pet dander, insect biodetritus and fiberglass fibers. Also, the Allergen Screen Check kits provides the levels of the various allergens in the indoor environment and compare them to what is normal . This is accomplished using the Bio-Scan™ (patent pending) scotch tape prep technology. The indoor environmental sampling technique is simple, easy to use and affordable. The samples are analyzed at EDLab, an AIHA (# 102795) accredited environmental microbiology laboratory. The report produced by EDLab includes a microbial glossary of all allergens identified.
Economical proactive sampling of the indoor environment using the Allergen Screen Check at the home or office can help establish baseline levels which can then be used when a potential area of concern is identified.
Who should use the Allergen Screen Checks?:
* School and Plant Operators
* Industrial Hygienists
* HVAC Engineers
* Building Maintenance Supervisors
* Test and Balance Professionals
* Home Inspectors
* Real Estate Professionals
* Insurance Claim Adjusters
* Hospital Engineers
* Occupational Health and Safety Professionals
About Building Health Check L.L.C.:
Building Health Check L.L.C (BHC). (www.buildinghealthcheck.com) is an indoor environmental consulting firm and franchisor with expertise in industrial hygiene, microbiology, public health, building science, and mechanical engineering. The firm performs IAQ evaluations as well as supplies an array of do-it-yourself (DIY) IAQ Screen Check kits ranging from Mold, Allergen, Dust Mites, and Fiberglass. Also available is a 5 minute mycotoxin field test. You can order on line at: www.indoorairtest.com or at many quality HVAC supply distributors.
In addition, through its affiliate companies at Pure Air Control Services, Environmental Diagnostics Laboratory (EDLab) and Building Remediation Services (BRS) provides indoor environmental sample analysis and remediation services (Mold Mitigation and HVAC systems hygiene/duct cleaning). Through the years, BRS has serviced over 500 million square feet of indoor environments at over 10,000 buildings and homes. Over the past 15 years, EDLab (AIHA EMLAP 102795) has analyzed over 100,000 samples. In addition, the professional staff has served as expert witnesses in over 100 mold/IEQ-related cases.
Building Health Check L.L.C.
800-422-7873 x 804
- Contact Information
- Alan Wozniak
- Pure Air Control Services
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.