Epson Develops Image Controller IC
–Ideally Suited to Drive Recorders and Vehicle-Mounted Cameras–
Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”) has developed and plans to begin marketing the S2S65A00 image controller IC, which makes it possible to simultaneously record and transmit images from two cameras. The S2S65A00, which is based on the popular S1S65010 network camera controller IC, is designed for use as an image controller for products such as drive recorders and vehicle-mounted cameras. It features two camera interface functions and two JPEG encoder functions, and comes equipped with CF/SD memory, USB 2.0 (supporting high speeds), and an 8-ch A/C converter.
S2S65A00 Product Outline
* A one-chip solution results in lower system costs
* Equipped with ARM720T Rev4.3 (with 8 KB cache)
* 30 fps VGA hardware makes JPEG encoding possible (compliant with ISO 10918)
* Can be connected to two camera modules
* Two hardware JPEG encoders installed for each camera module
* Motion detection function supports motion detection for 16 (4 x 4) areas
* Audio data supported by I2S
* Compatible with CF memory card and wireless LAN interface (802.11b/g) through CompactFlash interface
* SD memory supports connection to SC memory cards
* USB 2.0 - HS (Device) function support allows for connection to PCs (EP8, 4 KB FIFO RAM)
* 8-ch ADC support allows for connection to various types of analog sensors
* Equipped with timer for event counter
* Serial interface: I2S, I2C, UART, SPI
* Memory bus: 2 ports (16-bit bus: FROM/SRAM, 32-bit bus: SDRAM)
* Power supply voltage: 1.8 V (core), 3.3 V (I/O), 2.4-3.6 V (camera I/O)
* Package: PFBGA-280 (ball pitch 0.8 mm
Information on the S2S65P10 I/P Converter IC for Multi-Video Input
Epson has also developed and will begin marketing the S2S65P10 I/P converter IC for multi-video input. This product utilizes the S2S65A00 in a chip set, making it possible to connect a maximum of eight camera sets (camera modules and NTSC/PAL decoders).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.