BigBand Networks to Present, Demonstrate New Advances at The Cable Show ’07
BigBand Networks, Inc., (NASDAQ: BBND), will demonstrate a series of key technologies and participate in several technical sessions next week at The Cable Show ’07, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association’s annual trade show. Industry-leading solutions such as switched broadcast and modular cable modem termination system (M-CMTS) will be on display, along with emerging technologies that include addressable advertising and video over DOCSIS®. BigBand will demonstrate eight technologies in all—some for the first time publicly—Monday, May 7th through Wednesday, May 9th, at Booth 4275 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. BigBand’s demonstrations will include:
• IPTV over DOCSIS. This demonstration illustrates how cable operators can deliver IP-based video to either TVs or PCs leveraging their quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) and CMTS equipment. The demonstration leverages BigBand’s M-CMTS architecture and two key DOCSIS 3.0 features—downstream channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 Multicast forwarding—to deliver the IP video.
• Switched Video Ecosystem. This demonstration highlights the ability of BigBand’s switched broadcast solution to work across a range of set-top box clients and electronic program guides using industry-standard protocols.
• Addressable Advertising. BigBand is working closely with other industry leaders to develop an integrated addressable advertising solution. This demonstration illustrates how advertisers can effectively target, execute and measure successful campaigns with advertising that more closely matches the interests of viewers.
• Enhanced TV. This innovation is designed to enable programmers and advertisers to let TV viewers interact with programming. BigBand believes enhanced TV will generate improved advertising response rates and increase the value of ads.
In addition to its technology demonstrations, BigBand executives will present white papers as part of two technical sessions:
• In his presentation for the panel titled “But Does It Compute? Practical Applications for Converged Media,“ BigBand chief cable architect and SCTE 2007 IP Innovator Doug Jones will provide a roadmap for practical implementations of cable IPTV via DOCSIS. The panel is scheduled for Tuesday, May 8th at 3:45 p.m.
• In “Future Tense: A Sneak Preview of Game-Changing Technologies, “ BigBand’s Ludovic Milin will explain how statistical analysis of switched digital video viewership patterns allows operators to dramatically expand programming. The panel is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9th at 11:15 a.m.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.