Oracle Launches Oracle® Universal Content Management 10g Release 3
Further demonstrating its leadership in the fast-growing Enterprise Content Management (ECM) market, Oracle today announced Oracle(r) Universal Content Management 10g Release 3, a new component of Oracle Fusion Middleware. The new software delivers a feature-rich, hot-pluggable ECM platform that helps organizations effectively capture, store, manage, find, publish and retain unstructured content, while easily fitting into heterogeneous infrastructures. Oracle Universal Content Management allows organizations to consolidate enterprise content and multiple Web sites on a single platform and rapidly deploy synchronized multiple line-of-business applications -- such as multilingual Web sites, secure intranets and extranets, compliance processes, call center knowledgebases and brand management solutions.
Oracle Universal Content Management 10g is the first ECM product released since the acquisition of Stellent in December 2006, and extends Oracle’s leadership role in the sector. Oracle Universal Content Management 10g includes best-of-breed components for multi-site Web content management, digital asset management, records and retention management, document management, content and usage tracking, content categorization, content conversion and document watermarking. Additionally, because it is built on a unified platform with a service-oriented architecture, Oracle Universal Content Management 10g can be used to create composite, content-rich business applications quickly and easily.
“Organizations need a comprehensive Enterprise Content Management solution to help them master the vast amounts of electronic, web and paper based content floating through their organizations,” said Dan Ryan, senior vice president, Oracle Content Management Development.
“The addition of the award winning technology from Stellent to Oracle’s Enterprise Content Management portfolio, has created a highly secure, reliable, and scalable content management solution that meets the growing day-to-day needs of end users, while delivering sophisticated content management capabilities to professional users.”
Oracle Universal Content Management 10g Release 3 includes five new key features that promote improved enterprise scalability and the ability to leverage existing infrastructures:
* Microsoft Sharepoint Integration -- Using WebParts for SharePoint, customers can easily check-in, search, browse folders and access workflow directly from Oracle Universal Content Management 10g, which enables them to promote content from SharePoint into the Oracle repository for more effective use across multiple enterprise Web sites, portals and business applications;
* Flexible Content Storage -- The new File Store Provider architecture enables organizations to have a tremendous amount of flexibility and granular control in determining how and where documents, executables, CAD drawings, PDF, HTML, XML, flash, audio and video files are stored and managed on the file system; additionally, they can now leverage alternative storage options, such as Oracle Database 10g, benefiting from a single point of storage for easy backup and restoring, as well as other storage management functionality such as data compression and encryption;
* Enhanced Portal Integration -- Oracle Universal Content Management 10g includes JSR 168-compliant portlets that expose key content management functionality directly from enterprise portals, offering integration that goes beyond a simple “push model” where content is fed to the portal server for viewing. Users can dynamically access content and interact with the Enterprise Content Management system; activities such as checking in, subscribing and routing content, as well as content administration can occur in real-time through a portal interface; to help ensure seamless deployment and usability, Oracle Universal Content Management 10g is integrated with Oracle Fusion Middleware 10g components including Oracle Application Server, Oracle Portal Server and Oracle WebCenter Suite, as well as providing support for BEA WebLogic Portal Server (including Plumtree Corporate Portal), IBM WebSphere Portal Server, and Sun Java Enterprise System Portal Server;
* Content Conversion from Any Enterprise Application -- A core strength of Oracle Universal Content Management is the ability to transform native formats to PDF, TIF, HTML, and XML, as well as convert multiple image and video formats for quick viewing and Web publishing; the new content refinery in Oracle Universal Content Management 10g is built on a service-oriented architecture, enabling customers to create custom conversion options for their unique needs; additionally, the conversion engine can be quickly called from any application across the enterprise as a Web service.
* Integration with Oracle Secure Enterprise Search -- Oracle Universal Content Management now includes a dedicated use license for Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (SES) allowing content managed by Oracle Universal Content Management to be indexed and accessed using SES at no extra charge. SES provides the industry’s highest level of security, along with ease of use and administration and a customizable relevance ranking engine. Oracle Universal Content Management customers can extend their SES deployments to access a wide variety of content management systems, databases and enterprise applications from a single access point through additional licenses.
About Oracle Content Management
Oracle Universal Content Management 10g Release 3 complements and extends Oracle’s existing content management portfolio which is comprised of Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Content Database Suite, Oracle Imaging and Process Management, Oracle Universal Records Management and Oracle Information Rights Management. Oracle offers the industry’s most comprehensive and unified content management platform that provides a superior user experience and reduces development and administration costs. Over 6,000 customers use Oracle’s content management solutions to help them proactively manage content, increase productivity and reduce costs with an enterprise-wide content infrastructure.
About Oracle Fusion Middleware
The Company’s comprehensive, standards-based family of middleware software, Oracle Fusion Middleware enables customers to adopt and manage SOAs in heterogeneous computing environments. More than 35,000 customers now use Oracle Fusion Middleware and include leading organizations in the Financial Services, Telecommunications, Manufacturing, Retail, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care and Public Sector industries. Oracle Fusion Middleware is also supported by 9,000 partners, including leading independent software vendors, value added resellers and system integrators.
Availability and Pricing
Oracle Universal Content Management is available immediately and is priced at $100,000 per processor or $2,000 per Named User Plus. Oracle Universal Content Management is also sold as a part of the Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite, which bundles Oracle Universal Content Management, Oracle Imaging and Process Management, and Oracle Universal Records Management at $150,000 per processor. Additional information on Oracle Universal Content Management is available at: http://www.oracle.com/goto/contentmanagement
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.