SI Digital Launches Newly-Designed FanNation.com
Time Inc.’s Sports Illustrated Group has relaunched FanNation.com, its new social networking and sports news aggregation platform, it was announced by SI Digital President Jeff Price.
FanNation.com delivers up-to-the-minute information for sports fans, fantasy game players and bloggers from across the web through a user-friendly design that is built to enable a rich, personalized community experience.
The site’s NewsScout feature, an engine (programmed, in part, by editorial recommendations) that searches the web and floats the best and most relevant stories to the top, enables sports fans to effortlessly track information about players & teams, create blogs, join fan groups and comment on the news. The redesigned site gives the SI Group and its portfolio of digital assets - most significantly SI.com and GOLF.com - a platform to deliver an unmatched user experience in the sports community space and further enhance engagement of its online audience.
Unique features on FanNation.com include:
* – Truth & Rumors: Leveraging the popularity of SI.com’s daily collection of news and gossip, FanNation.com enables its users to personalize this information based on favorite teams, players and sports, as well as comment on those items and share it with individuals or groups.
* – The Throwdown: Two fans within the FanNation community square-off to debate a hot topic from the world of sports. Each person gets three chances to make his or her case and other FanNation users vote on who win that particular Throwdown debate.
* – Team Tracker: Users personalize their experience to ensure they’re getting the most recent news and information on their teams from SI and across the web.
* – Player Tracker: Fantasy sports enthusiasts can customize their FanNation experience to get news, crucial statistics and injury reports for players on their rosters across all sports.
* – Hot Topics: The biggest news and names of the day are displayed in a unique graphical presentation through which the links to the most viewed stories & personalities grow and the lesser-viewed stories shrink.
* – NewsScout Map: Utilizing the NewsScout aggregation engine, the map shows users where the hottest news is breaking in markets across the U.S. Members of FanNation can personalize the map to ensure news on their teams is included.
Paul Fichtenbaum, Managing Editor of SI.com, and Ken Fuchs, VP/General Manager of FanNation.com, will direct day-to-day operations for the site which is part of the SI Digital Network, overseen by Price. The Sports Illustrated Group is led by SI President Mark Ford and SI Group Editor Terry McDonell.
FanNation is supported by technology developed by Sports Technologies Inc. (STI). As part of the pending acquisition of FanNation.com, Time Inc. also acquired a minority interest in a newly-formed subsidiary of STI which owns the remaining assets not sold to SI.
“FanNation.com delivers an unparalleled experience for millions of passionate sports fans who want all of the most relevant and timely news and information about their favorite players and teams from across the web,” said Price. “This platform also lets our loyal readers and new fans engage more meaningfully in the debate and discussion that are such an important element of the Web 2.0 space.”
“The unique combination of the site’s innovative technology and architecture and the original, entertaining content users generate will provide fans with a multi-dimensional sports experience that they can’t get anywhere else,” Fichtenbaum said.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.