Spencer Technologies, Inc. Demonstrates Newstore, Clipper, and Branding Iron in Matrox Booth at NAB 2007
Montreal, Canada — April 5, 2007 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that Spencer Technologies, Inc., will demonstrate its products - Newstore, Clipper, and Branding Iron - in the Matrox booth SL2015. Designed specifically for live production environments, the Spencer Technologies family of products is ideal for live news, channel branding, and master control applications, as well as live “JumboTron” control in sports arenas and stadiums.
Spencer Technologies selected the Matrox X.mio platform, part of the Matrox DSX™ family of developer products, as the foundation of its systems because the Matrox X.mio card’s advanced design features satisfy all technical requirements - SD and HD SDI input and output with embedded audio, AES/EBU audio, multiple codec formats, 2D/3D DVE, infinite layer keying, chroma keying, and time delay/instant replay.
“In the scramble to remain competitive, newscasts have become very graphics/effects intensive. This can mean operating many complex systems during a live production, increasing the chances of ’on air’ errors. The Matrox X.mio platform has allowed us to design Newstore, a product that takes over the role of most of these devices in one single system,” said Paul Lines, president and CEO of Spencer Technologies, Inc. “Our GUI is so intuitive and easy-to-use that operators have less pressure and more creative freedom during live productions, producing tighter, more compelling newscasts.”
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines codec and effects technologies and a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with a comprehensive Windows XP-based Software Development Kit (SDK). The Matrox DSX platforms exploit Matrox’s “Power of X” and “Flex” technologies to enable OEMs and developers to leverage scalable CPU and GPU power to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including NLE systems, ingest/playout servers, character generators, clip and still stores, graphics/production servers, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and CATV barker channels.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
• Modular 10-bit architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
• Full range of HD and SD audio and video I/Os
• Simultaneous input and output of different video standards in HD and SD
• Multi-format SD codec support in software - DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO, DVCPRO 50, D10 (in an MXF file wrapper), MPEG-2, 8- and 10-bit uncompressed
• Multi-format HD codec support in software - HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 at online and offline bit rates, 8- and 10-bit uncompressed
• MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA I-frame codec in HD and SD
• Exploits CPU power to perform software effects on multiple streams in real time
• On-board 8- and 10-bit compositor/keyer
• On-board 8- and 10-bit scaler for YUV 4:2:2 and YUVA 4:2:2:4
• Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes
• GPU co-processor for realtime 3D effects
• Key input and output support
• Multiple board support in a single chassis
• Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.