3M Digital Signage Announces New Server-Class Products and Enhancements to Web-based Digital Signage Software
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--3M Digital Signage, worldwide provider of digital signage network solutions, today announced the release of 3M digital signage software - network edition version 3.5. 3M digital signage software - network edition provides the ability to distribute and play back media files, schedule playlists and monitor a network of digital signs from any networked computer.
The 3M digital signage software - network edition 3.5 release includes the introduction of new server-class network edition software products for flexible network management options, expanded and enhanced 3M digital signage - active information modules dynamic content offerings, and augmented network management and security features. Highlights include 3M digital signage - network edition full server, which enables end users to host their own networks and enables full network edition functionality behind users’ firewalls, internationalization capabilities and an application program interface, which facilitates seamless integration of external programs and applications for increased functionality and customization.
Current users of 3M digital signage software - network edition version 3.0 will receive automatic upgrades and see improvements to network edition software the next time they log in. The server class products are optional and include all the improvements and features of the core network edition software product.
3M Digital Signage - Network Edition Server Class Software Products
– 3M digital signage - full server: Enables end users to host and manage their own 3M digital signage - network edition platform. 3M digital signage - full server features 3M server watch, which enables server-side 3M digital signage - network edition application monitoring and status reporting.
– 3M digital signage site server: Enables end users to host and manage a “distribution hub” that will aggregate digital signage player-to-server communications. Particularly useful when networks scale up to large numbers of local players. Supports a variety of distribution methods: FTP, HTTP, SAT and file share.
– 3M digital signage content server: Installs on customer’s server hardware and provides the content storage functionality for 3M digital signage - network edition. It can be installed with 3M-hosted digital signage - network edition or to augment content capacity for a customer-hosted full server.
3M Digital Signage - Active Information Modules
– Addition of 10 new data categories, including Financial News and Business Headlines
– New, selectable backgrounds for creating eye-catching content
– Improved “off-line” performance
– Application program interface: Allows end-user programs/applications to interface with 3M digital signage - network edition software.
– Internationalization capabilities for the network edition Web Administrator and on-screen ticker
– Enhanced security: Includes SSL, DB encryption
– Updated POP reporting
– Improved UI responsiveness and load time
– Various performance enhancements and fixes
Support and Service
– 24-hour e-mail support available globally
“The 3M digital signage - network edition 3.5 release is just one more step toward providing a balanced, powerful suite of products and services developed to answer customers’ requirements and the demands of our rapidly growing digital signage market,” says Jeff Dowell, sales manager, 3M Digital Signage. “Combined with our 3M network operations manager software and 3M Vikuiti XRVS rear-projection screens and window films display technologies, 3M Digital Signage continues to deliver on the 3M promise to provide innovative and practical solutions that get business results.”
For more information about 3M digital signage software network edition version 3.5, or any of the products and services offered by 3M Digital Signage (http://www.3MDigitalSignage.com), please contact the company directly by calling (888) 460-8060.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.