California Prison System Condemned in Concealed Report by Independent Review Panel (Free Internet Video 10 min)
Los Angeles, CA The Full Disclosure Network™ presents a ten minute video news blog featuring Joe Gunn, Executive Director of the California Corrections Independent Review Panel who tells FDN host Leslie Dutton the prison system was in “chaos, a disaster and total disarray”. This is the second in a series of FDN video news blogs covering the ongoing crisis in California’s jail and prison system.
California’s prison system has been condemned in a concealed 400 page report that has been withheld from the public since 2004. The Report and findings of the Corrections Independent Review Panel cost the State over a million dollars and took five months of intensive investigations to complete and was presented to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and the Department of Corrections in June of 2004. Heading the review panel was former California Governor George Deukmejian, appointed by the Governor to investigate the Department of Corrections with the assistance of a cadre of law enforcement experts representing many agencies and associations.
Viewers are asked to participate in an online opinion survey and to join the discussion by posting their comments. DVDs of the series are available for purchase. Here is the URL to FREE video here: (cut and paste) http://www.fulldisclosure.net/Blogs/42.php
A few of the many points described in the video and report:
* The panel spent months reviewing reports and materials from Office of Inspector General, Little Hoover Commission, State Auditor.
* Interviewed current and former members of Governor’s Staff, State Legislators, current and former members of Department of Corrections staff, California Youth Authority, Office of Inspector General staff, members of the Little Hoover Commission, leadership of the CCPOA (prison guards association), experts in the field and concerned citizens, totally 470 people altogether.
* The panel presented 239 recommendations to reform the state’s correctional system.
* Listed as some of the major problems are: Ethics, “code of silence”, Union/labor contracts and influence over management, union campaign donations, use of force, accountability, and youthful offenders.
Emmy winning Full Disclosure™ is seen on 43 cable systems and on the Internet. Known as “the news behind the news”, FDN’s public affairs program reports on issues overlooked by the mainstream media. Channels and Airtimes are listed on the website at http://www.fulldisclosure.net
- Contact Information
- Leslie Dutton
- Full Disclosure Network (tm)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.