McDonald’s Features Consumers On Packaging
Oak Brook, ILL - McDonald’s unveiled its new packaging featuring 24 consumers selected from its first online Global Casting Call, which received 13,000 entries from around the world. Starting this month in the United States and Canada, the new faces will be featured on McDonald’s most prominent packaging – cups and bags – and ultimately seen by 52 million people a day as the packaging rolls out worldwide.
McDonald’s Global Chief Marketing Officer Mary Dillon revealed the new packaging with the help of three of the selected global casting call “Stars”: Ocean Smith, an 11- year-old trumpet player from Chicago; Lesley Dahl, a 50+-year-old hiker from Magrath, Alberta, Canada; and Xavier Cotto Bartolomei, a 20-year-old drummer from Toa Baja, Puerto Rico.
Thousands of consumers, including Smith, Dahl and Cotto Bartolomei submitted personal stories of what they love in 100 words or less along with a digital photo capturing the essence of their stories online at www.mcdglobalcasting.com. The final 24 new packaging “Stars” (ranging in ages from five to 50+ years) were chosen based on their entries capturing the “i’m lovin’ it®” spirit, celebrating real people, real passions and real stories.
“The thousands of extraordinary entries submitted in our first-ever online global casting call far exceeded our expectations,” said McDonald’s Global CMO Mary Dillon. “It demonstrates another way we connect with our customers in unique and fun ways. We’re delighted to provide these selected 24 inspiring people an opportunity to share their personal passions with more than 52 million of our customers each day around the world.”
The “Stars” join the ranks of famous faces who have been featured on McDonald’s cups and bags, including Olympic athletes, tennis superstar sisters Venus Williams and Serena Williams and super-group Destiny’s Child.
“It’s awesome McDonald’s had a global casting call for their packaging. I am so excited to have been chosen,” exclaimed new packaging “Star” Ocean Smith. “I’ve had the best time and become good friends with the other 23 people who were selected…. and now we’ll be seen by millions of people all over the world! How cool is that?!”
THE 24 NEW PACKAGING “STARS”:
1. Ocean Smith from Chicago, Illinois, USA – 11-year-old trumpet player who is in his school band and aspires to be a professional performer
2. Terri Kacie from Sevierville, TN, USA – physically-challenged woman who loves outdoor sports, particularly rappelling in her wheelchair
3. Paula Glenn from Dallas, Texas, USA – volunteer traffic mom at her daughter’s school who eagerly protects the children from drivers in a hurry
4. David Dean from Johnstown, Ohio, USA – defies gravity as he careens down hills as a professional street luger
5. Nick Mortell from Kapaa, Hawaii, USA – a high school student who loves watching and playing football
6. Joseph Perez from Glendora, California, USA – 23-year-old from Southern California whose passion is restoring and driving classic muscle cars from the 70’s
7. Lynnette Abad from Las Vegas, Nevada, USA – feels the presence of nature as she drives the open road on her motorcycle
8. Lesley Dahl from Magrath, Alberta, Canada – 50+ year-old who feels alive in body and soul as she and her husband, Devar, hike trails around the world
9. Xavier Cotto Bartolomei from Toa Baja, Puerto Rico – wants to share his passion for playing the drums as he believes a positive message is carried along with his music
10. Roseli Goncalves do Espirito Santo from São Paulo, Brazil – teacher of Brazilian sign language for 18 years, she loves being able to communicate with her deaf students
11. Mary Anne Sebold Barbosa from Santo Andre, Brazil – 22-year-old who dreamt of becoming a professional ballerina since she was little and is dancing towards her dream
12. Roni Ahumada Carvalho from Buenos Aires, Argentina – 5-year-old boy and youngest “Star” has been enjoying the water since he was 5-months-old and loves swimming along the bottom of the sea
13. Jin Bao from Shanghai, China – realized her life-long dream of wearing a special opera costume
14. Kim Shiman from Daejeon, South Korea – a McDonald’s restaurant employee and student at Hannam University, where he plays cello in the competition orchestra
15. Felicia Yee from Singapore – from the warm climate of Singapore, loved the sight and feel of her first snowfall
16. Kelly Ann James from Sydney, Australia – loves the music, jazz and style of the 40’s and is an Australian swing dance champion
17. Stéphane Rousson from Rouen, France – hopes to be the first to fly a pedal-operated dirigible balloon over the English Channel
18. Aldwin Colas from Draguignan, France – 13-year-old boy with a passion and talent for golf
19. Iñigo Aymat from Madrid, Spain – loves the sensation of living life to the fullest as he skydives
20. Paolo Tazzari from Ravenna, Italy – avid beach tennis player and national three-time champion
21. Kim-Alexandra Zuhlke from Wesel, Germany – loves to “fly” across the water when she goes wakeboarding, which she describes as snowboarding on water
22. Isabella Herkner from Wien, Austria – passionate about diving and underwater sea life, particularly in the Red Sea
23. Jade Hitchen from Benfleet, United Kingdom – 11-year-old girl who has fun combining her passions for art, music and fashion
24. Christoph Latzer from Griez, Germany – a McDonald’s restaurant employee and volunteer firefighter, enjoys the reward of being able to help people
Upon selection from McDonald’s online global casting call, the 24 “Stars” were treated to an all-expense paid trip for them and a guest to London, England complete with tours of the city and celebration parties. A main focus of the trip was the photo sessions with each of the “Stars” and renowned lifestyle photographer, Nick Clements, who has worked with famous celebrities and fashion magazines. The photos taken and featured on the new packaging capture the “Stars” demonstrating their passions.
McDonald’s new packaging rolls out in restaurants in North America this month, followed by Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe in second quarter 2007, and the rest of the world shortly thereafter. The new cups and bags will be in participating restaurants up to 18 months or while supplies last.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.