RIM and AT&T Launch a "Red Hot" BlackBerry Pearl
Waterloo, ON - Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today launched the new red BlackBerry® Pearl™, featuring a stylish new color for the award-winning smartphone. The BlackBerry Pearl is now available from AT&T (NYSE: T) with a beautiful, dark red finish for the first time.
The BlackBerry Pearl comes complete with a digital camera, multi-media player and an expandable memory slot. It also boasts an incredibly sleek design while continuing to provide the full BlackBerry functionality and renowned user experience that has made BlackBerry a global success. The BlackBerry Pearl from AT&T features an easy-to-use phone with powerful email, organizer and browser applications, plus Push To Talk (PTT) capabilities and a GPS-based wireless navigation service (1) - all in an incredibly small, light and stylish handset.
“The BlackBerry Pearl is a powerful and feature-rich phone and yet it is also amazingly small, elegant and easy-to-use,” said Mike Woodward, executive director, mobile professional solutions, for AT&T. “Now the red BlackBerry Pearl provides our customers with another stunning choice for staying connected in their business and personal lives.”
“The BlackBerry Pearl is a big hit with users because it looks as great as it performs,” said Mark Guibert, vice president, corporate marketing, for Research In Motion. “We look forward to fueling the momentum of the BlackBerry Pearl in the market with the addition of another eye-catching color and finish.”
Key features of the BlackBerry Pearl include:
• Built-in digital camera with 3 zoom levels (up to 5X) and flash
• Multi-media player with support for MP3 and AAC music files, as well as MPEG4 and H.263 video formats
• 64MB built-in flash memory, with expandable storage via microSD expansion slot
• An incredibly intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball, dedicated ’menu’ and ’escape’ keys, and context-sensitive menus that make navigation fast and comfortable
• A large, ultra-bright 240x260 color display that brings images to life
• An innovative light-sensing technology that automatically adjusts the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for optimal viewing in outdoor, indoor and dark environments
• RIM’s popular SureType™ keyboard technology that makes typing text and dialing phone numbers quick and easy
• Quad-band GSM/GPRS and EDGE network support for international roaming(2)
• Premium phone features with Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated ’send’, ’end’, and ’mute’ keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth® support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals
• Intuitive call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling, speed dialing, and call forwarding
• Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones
• High performance HTML browser for visiting web sites while on the go
• BlackBerry® Internet Service support - allows users to access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
• BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support – tightly integrates with Microsoft® Exchange, IBM® Lotus® Domino® and Novell® GroupWise® environments and features a new set of IT policy controls that allows IT departments to manage camera and expansion memory usage
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.