Day Software Delivers Standardized Connectivity for Interwoven TeamSite
Standards Leader Ships JSR 170 Interoperability for Legacy Repositories
Basel, Switzerland and Newport Beach, California – February 26, 2007 - Day Software (SWX: DAYN, OTC:DYIHY), a leading provider of global content management and content infrastructure software, today announced that the company is continuing to deliver standardized connectors for leading legacy repositories. The repository connectors are fully compliant with the Content Repository for Java Technology API standard (JSR 170). The latest of these groundbreaking interfaces is for Interwoven TeamSite, creating greater interoperability and openness for the legacy document repository vendor. Other connectors that are in development include interfaces for Microsoft SharePoint, IBM Domino.doc, and Software AG Tamino, among others.
The Interwoven TeamSite connector is part of Day’s Content Integration family of products that enable enterprises to access and manage all organizational content through a standardized API. This technology allows the implementation of content access, synchronization and consolidation, leveraging future-proof standardization, even if the content resides in data stores that do not provide a JCR compliant API.
Key JCR Features
* Ability to access (read) critical content, including metadata, users, groups and group memberships from the TeamSite repository
* Access Control List (ACL) association to fulfill enterprise security requirements
* Content Search of the TeamSite repository using the Xpath or SQL query language
* Access to all content stored in the TeamSite repository, or to a subset using repository views.
* Observation capabilities to monitor changes in content, including metadata, users, groups and user permissions in the TeamSite repository
* Ability to export repository content
* Configurable content mapping from the connector to a TeamSite repository
* Configurable repository views allowing a connector to access only a selected portion of a TeamSite repository
* Parallel connector instances on multiple disjointed repository views
* Configurable deferred loading of binaries accessible by an application via a URL
* Configurable observation intervals
Day’s Repository Connectors provide a standardized JCR interface, allowing companies to access their most valuable assets – information about its specific business, its processes, products, customers and documents that previously resided in a proprietary repository. These documents and information can be accessed through the JSR 170 interface.
Day is a leading provider of integrated content, portal and digital asset management software. Day’s technology Communiqué offers a comprehensive, rapidly deployable framework to unify and manage all digital business data, systems, applications and processes through the web. Communiqué’s content-centric architecture, and its innovative ContentBus, turns the entire business into a virtual repository bringing together content from any system, regardless of location, language or platform.
Day is an international company, founded in 1993, and listed on the SWX Swiss Exchange (SWX:DAYN) since April 2000. Day’s customers are some of the largest global corporations and include Audi, Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB), DaimlerChrysler, Deutsche Post World Net, Deutsche Bank, Intercontinental Hotels Group, McDonald’s and Volkswagen.
The English text of this press release represents the binding version.
- Contact Information
- Jackie Cadorin
- Day Software
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.