Americans Finding Romance Via Cellphones This Valentines Day Says Trilibis Webdate Mobile
Cell Phones Serve as a Modern-Day Cupid as Trilibis’ Webdate Mobile, One of America’s Largest Mobile Dating Communities, Releases U.S. User Trends on 91,700 Mobile Dating Subscribers
(San Francisco, February 12, 2007) – On-the-go romance is the way to go these days, according to new statistics from Trilibis Mobile, publisher of Webdate Mobile, one of the largest mobile dating subscription services in the U.S. Increasingly, Americans are willing to subscribe to mobile dating services to meet that special someone or casually date. And this Valentines, singles have even more incentive to try mobile dating (details below).
Based upon analysis of its users, Trilibis found:
1. Mobile dating popularity growing: In December 2006, there were 91,700 Mobile Webdate users, up 23% from November 2006, which was up 24% from October 2006 demonstrating a rapid growth in the subscription-based mobile dating model.
2. Eager to find love: Users sifted through 6,751,000 mobile web pages in December 2006, suggesting that prospective singles browse the mobile website extensively.
3. Looks still count: “Picture Viewing” is the most popular feature, followed by “Profile View.”
4. Any time is a good time: Unlike PC-based dating, which occurs primarily before and after work, the ease and convenience of mobile dating shows users constantly browsing from 9 am to 10 pm.
5. Women like mobile more: Compared to PC-based dating, which is dominated by male users, more women use mobile to find love. In fact, Webdate Mobile is comprised of 42% women and 58% men, as opposed to online dating where women typically comprise only 30% of the user base.
6. “Slump Days? No Way!”: Although there are slight increases in traffic on the weekends, mobile dating volume remains strong throughout the week.
7. Young and on the go, or mature but young at heart: Mobile dating is for everyone with user ages ranging from 18 through 77; the average Webdate Mobile user is 28 years old.
As evidenced by these findings, mobile dating is a big part of a rapidly growing trend in mobile social networking. VisionGain’s September 2006 report states that 13% of U.S. dating service members are accessing web sites through their mobile phones. Trilibis agrees that the immediacy and speed of finding a potential match will continue to lure people to this new technology.
According to Alex Panelli, CEO of Trilibis Mobile, “Webdate Mobile enables users to continue pursuing active lives while staying connected to the largest mobile phone accessible dating community. Busy, on-the-go people can quickly view profiles, send messages, and respond to messages from prospective dates.”
Mobile dating is bringing people together and earning revenue. Webdate Mobile is among the country’s top five mobile dating services, providing its online dating community, Webdate.com, with rich graphic content and a new form of accessibility through the Mobile Internet. According to Frost & Sullivan, the industry is expected to grow from $31.4 million in 2005 to $215 million by 2009; a conservative estimate that could double with revenue from text-messaging charges.
One of the biggest challenges for any mobile service is reach and accessibility. To ensure that anyone can use the service, Webdate Mobile was designed to be accessible through Sprint, Nextel, Cingular, Virgin, Boost and US Cellular carrier decks, as well as a direct-to-consumer WAP-based version. Additionally, it is compatible with most handsets and is fully integrated with Webdate.com, offering mobile users full access to over seven million daters. Users can access photos, logos, graphics and color schemes through the mobile Internet.
Webdate Mobile’s “Meet Me in Paris” Sweepstakes:
During the month of February, mobile daters who are looking for a Valentine through their cell phones also have a chance to win a romantic weekend getaway at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas with Webdate Mobile’s “Meet Me in Paris” 2007 Valentine’s Day Sweepstakes. The contest runs from February 1 to February 28, and is promoted on Sprint, Nextel, Cingular, Virgin and Boost carrier decks, as well as on WebdateMobile.com.
About Trilibis Mobile
Founded in 2002, Trilibis Mobile is a leading provider of mobile community applications and enabling technologies. With SmartPath™, its patent-pending mobile publishing solution, Trilibis Mobile enables content providers, online communities, direct marketers and other mobile service companies to create, deploy, update and manage highly-customizable, cross-platform applications and make them compatible with all major carrier networks across hundreds of mobile handset devices.
- Contact Information
- Vijay Chattha
- Trilibis PR - VSC Consulting
- VSC Consulting
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.