Valentine’s Day Launch For New Broadband Television Network Brings Romance Novels To Life
New York, NY – Every five seconds an eager reader buys a romance novel. Now that same person can learn more about the novel’s author, the place where it is set and other behind-the-scenes goodies on romancenovel.tv — a new broadband television network that brings readers closer than ever to the fascinating world of romance novels.
Romance Novel TV (romancenovel.tv) appropriately launches on Valentine’s Day with an array of original programming that will feature best-selling authors like Nora Roberts, Christina Dodd, Eloisa James, Mary Jo Putney and JR Ward.
“I am a big fan of romance novels and I was always curious about the authors’ lives and what inspires them,” said Romance Novel TV President Maria Lokken, a 20-year TV writing and producing veteran. “Romance Novel TV lets readers connect with their favorite writers.”
Romance Novel TV is working with several publishing houses, which are excited about adding another layer to a market that earned $1.2 billion in sales last year.
“I am amazed with the creative slate of programming romancenovel.tv has to offer,” said Rick Pascocello, Vice President of Marketing, Penguin Group.
Original programs include:
On Camera Author Interviews
• Fans want to learn more about their favorite authors, who will be the subjects of in-depth interviews. The network will also speak with rising stars as it promotes their books and offers a rare inside look into an author’s life.
• Filmed in a living room setting, this monthly feature catches three romance novel authors talking about everything from movie stars — to shopping, housing hunting or finding the perfect man.
• Romancenovel.tv will feature new book releases every week and offer links to the publishing houses where readers can make purchases. This page will also be home to the “Editor/Publisher” of the week where fans get the inside track on the latest industry trends from the most important people in the business.
Romance Novel Virgin
• Follow a new author in this soap opera style drama as she meets with her editor, makes revisions, examines cover art and finally sees her novel hit bookshelves. Expect a bit of angst, a little drama and a weekly cliffhanger.
• Our host takes viewers to some of the most exciting and romantic cities in the world and visits the settings of their favorite books. The settings of both old and new novels will be featured, allowing viewers to re-discover classic favorites.
• The romancenovel.tv newsletter (registrations required) will promote new authors, special features and contests.
• Here’s the only place to easily search through daily headlines from four popular romance blogs.
• Romance novel fans can comment on their favorite books and reach out to the romancenovel.tv staff.
About Romance Novel TV
Founded in November 2006 by Maria Lokken, Marisa O’Neil and John Werner, Romance Novel TV is the first broadband network dedicated to cover the genre from cover to cover. Lokken, O’Neil and Werner bring more than a combined 60 years worth of television experience to the new network.
- Contact Information
- Maria Lokken
- Romance Novels TV
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.