InfoVista Unveils Cable Strategy at Cable Congress
VistaInsight® for Networks 2.2, Service Provider Edition, Provides Foundation for Growth
Paris, France, Herndon, VA (United States), and Amsterdam, The Netherlands, February 7, 2007 – InfoVista (NASDAQ: IVTA; Euronext IFV - FR0004031649), the leader in service-centric performance management software, today unveiled its strategy for cable service providers that will enable them to grow their businesses, compete effectively with telcos and meet the demands of both residential and commercial customers. InfoVista’s performance management solution, VistaInsight® for Networks 2.2, Service Provider edition, provides key capabilities tailored to cable providers and is being announced at the Cable Congress in Amsterdam.
The challenges and market opportunities posed to cable operators today require a long-term vision for growth and a new way of managing resources. Operators are expanding their digital IP-based networks, enabling them to serve more customers and deliver more value-added services. In addition, they are providing a greater breadth of services, like triple play, which are more bandwidth-intensive and performance-sensitive. Finally, operators are pursuing the commercial market for the first time, and need to provide performance guarantees that business customers expect. These trends require service-centric performance management to raise the visibility of performance, capacity and service levels across the network.
“Market shifts in the cable world, such as growing end-user demand for new services and commercial revenue opportunities have created a call to action for cable providers,” said Jean-Luc Valente, chief marketing officer with InfoVista. “InfoVista’s response has been to lay out an evolutionary path to help cable Multiple System Operators (MSOs) simultaneously manage competitive broadband, Voice over IP (VoIP) and digital video services to a growing number of residential and commercial customers.”
InfoVista’s strategy is to offer an end-to-end performance management solution for the cable MSO going after two key markets: triple play consumer and commercial services.
* Triple play consumer services: InfoVista helps protect cable MSOs from aggressive telcos that are encroaching on their video business by assuring triple play service deployment on a large scale and ensuring flawless quality. With capacity management and troubleshooting capabilities across all IP services and layers of IT infrastructure, MSOs can deliver reliable, always-on services with confidence. A service-centric, cross-silo approach to performance management provides an end-to-end performance view of the complete delivery chain from the access network to the core, extending across content and video servers and applications. Such capabilities contribute to effective problem resolution and assure superior quality of experience for the end user.
* Commercial services: InfoVista empowers cable MSOs to adopt and leverage the same best-of-breed VistaInsight solution used by hundreds of telecommunication service providers to effectively compete for commercial business. The solution features comprehensive support of layer-2 and layer-3 VPN services, featuring widely adopted Carrier Ethernet technology, as well as the management of high-speed data connections and VoIP services to the small and medium-sized business. In addition, personalized web-based customer-facing reporting affords commercial customers proof of high service availability and a controlled real-time view into the services delivered. Likewise, it enables the proactive monitoring and reporting of service level agreements (SLAs) that are today expected by commercial customers of any size.
“As a market leader and innovator we pride ourselves in using the best products the industry has to offer and InfoVista has brought us best-in-class service assurance solutions,” said Martin Kull, CTO for Com Hem, Sweden’s leading Triple Play Operator. “The flexibility of InfoVista allows us to certify the quality of service before we launch new services and to keep up with capacity requirements in the network. We welcome today’s announcement as a new milestone for InfoVista in terms of focus, capabilities and packaging to meet the needs of our industry. We look forward to their cable specific solution as we grow and deliver more services.”
In line with this strategy, the release of VistaInsight for Networks 2.2, Service Provider edition, features preconfigured cable-specific performance management functionality for cable network monitoring, as well as essential VoIP performance management tools all in one solution.
“Multi service operators will need to accelerate investments in service assurance systems over the next year,” said Patrick Kelly, co-founder and senior analyst with OSS Observer. “Two factors will drive growth in the sector – rapid growth in digital voice and under-investments in high-speed data support systems. InfoVista has a leading position in the IP performance monitoring market to help MSOs manage the complexities of MPLS and IP network quality.”
Cable Network Monitoring
Visibility into the performance of the Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS), the link between the cable headend and the home or business, is critical to maintain the triple play advantage of cable.
* VistaInsight for Networks 2.2 provides DOCSIS-compliant discovery, monitoring and reporting on the performance of CMTS routers and the cable modems they support. Dashboard views and detailed real-time reports enable proactive capacity management and predictive troubleshooting by measuring platform metrics; statistics on network core interfaces; and the performance of Hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) interfaces by channel.
* To isolate problematic portions of the HFC network, this release features flap-list dashboards that reflect upstream and downstream stability by area.
* With a focus on anticipating service and customer growth, and better managing oversubscription rates without degradation, VistaInsight for Networks also measures interface utilization, traffic and saturation in relation to the number of active cable modems.
End-to-End VoIP Testing and Analysis
VoIP testing and analysis is necessary to provide operators with the visibility and information to ascertain the end-user’s quality of experience.
* VistaInsight for Networks 2.2 leverages its own active probe system, out of the box, for network voice monitoring, producing accurate voice quality scoring while accounting for the differences in the way various vendor gateways and cable modems handle VoIP traffic and impact voice quality. It also exploits natively other vendors’ end-to-end systems including Cisco IP-SLA.
* Additionally, this new release facilitates the association of poor voice quality performance to underlying network degradation and problems including network congestion, routing problems, incorrect class of service policies and unreliable connections for streamlined troubleshooting.
InfoVista will be co-presenting at a panel discussion titled “Building Next Generation Revenue: Business Voice & Unified Communication Services” on Thursday, Feb. 8 from 8:15 a.m.-9:00 a.m. at the Cable Congress. Executives can be found at the Dimension Data Booth 33.
InfoVista is the Service-Centric Performance Management Software Company that assures the optimal delivery of business-critical IT services. Driven by a uniquely adaptive and real-time technology foundation, InfoVista solutions improve business effectiveness, reduce operating risk, lower cost of operations, increase agility and create competitive advantage. Eighty percent of the world’s largest service providers as ranked by Fortune®, as well as leading Global 2000 enterprises, rely on InfoVista to enhance the business value of their technology assets. Representative customers include ABN AMRO, Allstream, Banques Populaires, AXA, Banque de France, Bell Canada, British Telecom, Broadwing Communications, Cable & Wireless, Com Hem, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Deutsche Telecom, France Telecom, Savvis Corporation, SingTel, Telefonica, US Cellular. A Software Magazine 500 company, InfoVista stock is traded on the NASDAQ (IVTA) and on Eurolist by Euronext (FR0004031649). For more information about the company, please visit www.infovista.com.
Cautionary Statement for Purposes of the “Safe Harbor” Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Except for historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this news release are “forward looking statements.” These statements involve risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements; including, without limitation, risks and uncertainties arising from the rapid evolution of our markets, competition, market acceptance of our products, our dependence upon spending by the telecommunications industry and our ability to develop and protect new technologies. For a description of other factors which might affect our actual results, please see the “Risk Factors” section and other disclosures in InfoVista’s public filings with the US Securities & Exchange Commission and French Autorité des Marchés Financiers. Readers of this news release are cautioned not to put undue reliance on any forward-looking statement. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
InfoVista and VistaInsight are registered trademarks of InfoVista, S.A. in the United States and/or other countries.
- Contact Information
- Shulamit Gershenson
- Press Contact
- Articulate Communications Inc. for InfoVista
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.