Citrix Online Secures Record Number of Awards in Real-Time Collaboration Services
GoToMyPC, GoToAssist, GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar Earn
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. — 1/29/2007 — ‘Superbly simple,’ ‘incredibly cost effective’ and ‘most scalable,’ are just a few of the many reasons Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS), won a record 18 top awards in 2006. Industry experts evaluated Citrix® GoToMyPC® remote desktop access, Citrix® GoToAssist™ remote technical assistance, Citrix® GoToMeeting® remote meeting and collaboration and Citrix® GoToWebinar™ online events for innovation, performance and value against their peers.
“Recognition from the most discerning people in the technology industry is an enormous compliment and a testament to our success in enabling individual professionals and businesses of all sizes to innovate and collaborate on the Web,” said Brett Caine, general manager of Citrix Online. “Our innovative ‘simpler-is-better’ approach to the business Web is driving productivity for our customers and tremendous momentum for Citrix Online.”
GoToMyPC: “What really seals the deal is a superbly simple interface”
* Laptop Magazine “Editors’ Choice Award”: “Easy to use and browser based, GoToMyPC gives everyday users full screen access to their desktops from a Web site. The biggest improvement in version 5.0 is much faster performance, especially during the connection process, but also while you’re in session.”
* CNET “Editors’ Choice Award”: “GoToMyPC 5 from Citrix improves on what was already a strong remote access program. This latest release is significantly speedier than past versions, which is an important consideration in remote control programs, where sluggishness can be a real issue.”
* PC World Magazine “World Class Award” for Best Remote Access Software: Selected for its speedy, secure and hassle-free approach, GoToMyPC is the top pick for remote access for the fourth consecutive year. “We rated each candidate on its design, performance, and specifications. We generally did not consider price; instead, we looked for products that represent the cream of the crop.”
* Laptop Magazine “Ultimate Choice Award”: “Almost everything business travelers would want to do on their home PC from afar gets covered in GoToMyPC’s great feature set. What really seals the deal is a superbly simple interface that integrates most functions on a single screen and installs more easily than a downloadable game.”
* SearchWinComputing.com “Remote Control Product of the Year 2006”: “The software provides the simplest, most reliable and most cost-effective secure remote access to a desktop PC. The judges rated GoToMyPC Corporate as the best overall value and utility in this category for several reasons, the main one being the ease of installing it, since it does not have to be manually configured.”
GoToAssist: 5x Consecutive Winner for Product of the Year
* Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine “CRM Excellence Award”: “With proprietary screen-sharing technology and best practices support tools, consultants securely share a client’s server or desktop just as if the consultants were actually on-site. A consultant can assist clients immediately by working from home using Citrix GoToAssist.”
* Corporate and Channel Computing (C3) Expo “Best of Show Award”: “The judges gave this award for a product that could revolutionize the computer support industry. GoToAssist version 7.0 is a key tool for getting the personal or corporate user fixed, up and running. It is an intuitive, easy to use product that can be used as a break fix tool as well as a training tool where the support person can give a quick lesson. The judges believe this tool will continue to be deployed in corporations as well as used by private support companies.”
* TMC “IP Contact Center Pioneer Award”: “GoToAssist was selected for being the best of the best for saving contact centers and outsourcers, consulting and IT professionals a great deal of time, effort and capital,” stated Tracey Schelmetic, Editorial Director. “Factors that lead to our decision include its distinctive features and qualities that dramatically improve daily operations.”
* SSPA “Technology Innovator Award”: “While many areas of customer service and CRM technology are beginning to mature, only a select number of vendors continue to deliver pure innovative products and services,” said SSPA vice president of research John Ragsdale. “Citrix Online is truly an innovator in its space and is commended for enabling support organizations to revolutionize the way they service customers.”
* TMC Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine “Product of the Year Award”: “The Product of the Year Awards represents the best that this industry has to offer,” stated Tracey Schelmetic, Editorial Director. “Citrix Online earns this distinction by demonstrating a commitment to quality and furthering the development of the call center and CRM industry through GoToAssist. This is the fifth year in a row Citrix Online has earned this great honor, and I look forward to seeing more innovative solutions from them.”
* eco - Association of the German Internet Industry “eco Award 2006”: “GoToAssist offers an enchanting and easy solution, which simplifies IT support for the technician as well as the customer. This way it creates an immediate added value for both sides.”
GoToMeeting: “Goes the extra mile…”
* Videoconferencing Insight Newsletter (UK) “The Best CPE Web Conferencing Service of the Year”: “GoToMeeting offers the best interface in Web conferencing. Clearly labeled icons and buttons (such as Show My Screen, Stop Showing Screen) and pop-up boxes prompt you with easy-to-understand instructions.”
* TMC Communication Solutions Magazine “Product of the Year Award”: “Citrix Online has demonstrated excellence in technological advancement and application refinement with its GoToMeeting online event service,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC President and Group Editor-in-Chief of Communications Solutions. “GoToMeeting goes the extra mile by helping improve both the customer experience and the ROI for the companies that use it.”
GoToWebinar: “Addresses most demanding end user needs: simplicity and pricing”
* LAPTOP Magazine “Editors’ Choice Award”: “The new GoToWebinar service from Citrix Online not only simplifies the process of setting up and managing these events, but also makes them incredibly cost effective. GoToWebinar builds on Citrix Online’s previous offering GoToMeeting, which revolutionized the way business users hold online meetings.”
* Frost & Sullivan “Best New Web Conferencing Award”: “GoToWebinar represents an emerging class of Webinar products that will expand adoption by SMBs, which have traditionally found holding Web events out of their reach due to the high costs and complexity associated with creating and delivering Webinars. With GoToWebinar, Citrix Online is addressing the most demanding end user needs: simplicity and pricing.”
* TMC Labs “Innovation Award”: “The TMC Labs Innovation Award’s sole purpose is to distinguish products that have unique and ground-breaking features competitors’ solutions often lack,” said Tom Keating, Chief Technology Officer at TMC and Executive Technology Editor at TMC Labs. “GoToWebinar’s bandwidth adaptive compression technology provides faster performance, and screen-sharing technology provides excellent 24-bit color. Designed to handle up to an astonishing 1,000 users, GoToWebinar is perhaps the most scalable solution in the market.”
Citrix Online: Judged to have some of the “most substantial innovations”
* KMWorld Magazine’s “100 Companies that Matter in Knowledge Management”: “These companies have helped create, enhance or define a market, and they all share a remarkable capacity for agile, customer-driven innovation. This year, more than ever, we heard from customers, which, after all, are clearly the most important constituency for consideration.”
* Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine “Lifetime Achievement Award”: “Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine has been proud to designate a special group of individuals and companies as recipients of our ‘Lifetime Achievement Award.’ They were judged to have made some of the most substantial innovations dedicated to advancing the success and reputation of today’s call center industry.”
For further information on new GoToMyPC 6.0 remote desktop access with sound, visit: http://www.gotomypc.com; remote support solution, GoToAssist: http://www.gotoassist.com; online meeting service, GoToMeeting: http://www.gotomeeting.com; and online event service, GoToWebinar: http://www.gotowebinar.com.
Citrix Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CTXS) is the global leader and the most trusted name in application delivery infrastructure. More than 180,000 organizations worldwide rely on Citrix to deliver any application to users anywhere with the best performance, highest security and lowest cost. Citrix customers include 100% of the Fortune 100 companies and 98% of the Fortune Global 500, as well as hundreds of thousands of small businesses and prosumers. Citrix has approximately 6,200 channel and alliance partners in more than 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2006 was $1.1 billion.
Citrix®, GoToMyPC® and GoToMeeting® are registered trademarks and GoToWebinar™, and GoToAssist™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Eric Armstrong
- Director, Corporate Communications
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.