Media Alert: Microsoft to Celebrate the Worldwide Availability of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office System at Retail
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer kicks off national retail events in New York on Jan. 30, offers schools across the country chance to win PC lab makeovers.
REDMOND, Wash. — Jan. 26, 2007 — On Tuesday, Jan. 30, Microsoft Corp. will unveil the Windows Vista™ operating system and the 2007 Microsoft® Office system to consumers worldwide, transforming the way people communicate, create and share content, and access information and entertainment in the new digital age.
To help celebrate the launch of these flagship products, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will kick off a series of local retail events around the country by visiting a New York City Best Buy store. Ballmer will share his own “wow” moments with Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system, the most thoroughly tested software releases in Microsoft’s history.
Microsoft has also partnered with retailers to host events in more than 30 locations across the United States.
• Starting at 10 p.m. on Jan. 29, Microsoft has teamed up with retail partners and FOXSports.com to host red-carpet events for sports fans and enthused customers featuring DJs, special offers and pro football player appearances.
• On Jan. 30, Microsoft and its retail partners have lined up a day full of events for consumers, with hourly hardware and software giveaways including Xbox 360™ drawings from 4 to 7 p.m. locally. Microsoft experts will also be on hand in stores to demonstrate the latest innovative features in Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
• In addition, consumers can sign up their local K–12 school for a chance to win a PC lab makeover worth approximately $25,000 at each participating retail event.
Nationwide retail events celebrating the launch of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system
Microsoft representatives will be available to provide product demonstrations of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2007 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. locally
Microsoft spokespeople will be available for interviews in the following cities:
• New York: Best Buy, Steve Ballmer, 529 5th Ave. (44th St. and 5th Ave.)
• Los Angeles: CompUSA, Monrovia, Calif.
• Chicago: Circuit City, Schaumburg, Ill.
• Philadelphia: Circuit City, Wilmington, Del.
• San Francisco and San Bruno, Calif.: CompUSA
• Dallas-Fort Worth: CompUSA, Plano, Texas
• Boston: Circuit City, Natick, Mass.
• Atlanta: Best Buy, Alpharetta, Ga.
• Seattle-Tacoma: Best Buy, Bellevue, Wash.
Special retail events will also be held in these cities:
• Houston: CompUSA
• Detroit: Best Buy, Utica, Mich.
• Tampa, Fla.: Circuit City
• Phoenix: Best Buy, Glendale, Ariz.
• Minneapolis-St. Paul: Best Buy, Richfield, Minn.
• Ft. Lauderdale-Miami: Circuit City, Coral Springs, Fla.
• Cleveland: Best Buy
• Denver: CompUSA, Littleton, Colo.
• St. Louis: Best Buy, Chesterfield, Mo.
• Indianapolis: Best Buy
• Charlotte, N.C.: Best Buy
• San Diego: Best Buy, Oceanside, Calif.
• Nashville: Circuit City, Franklin, Tenn.
• Kansas City, Mo.: Best Buy, Overland Park, Mo.
• Cincinnati: Best Buy, Springdale, Ohio
• Milwaukee: Best Buy, Wauwatosa, Wis.
• Buffalo, N.Y.: Best Buy, Amherst, N.Y.
• New Orleans: Circuit City, Slidell, La.
• Baltimore: Circuit City, Hagerstown, Md.
• Richmond, Va.: Circuit City, Glen Allen, Va.
• Washington, D.C.: Circuit City, Vienna, Va.
Specific store locations and more information on these events can be found at www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/VistaOfficeLaunch/docs/WWRetailEventsFS.doc
The official sweepstakes rules for the PC lab giveaways for K–12 schools around the country can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/education/pclaboffer.mspx.
B-roll and photos can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/events/VistaOfficeLaunch on Tuesday, Jan. 30.
Microsoft, Windows Vista, Xbox 360 and Xbox are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.
- Contact Information
- Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Rapid Response Team
- Microsoft Corp.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.