RSA Provides Security Solutions for Business Acceleration to More than 8,000 Customers in Q4 2006
More than 5,600 New Customers Selected RSA’s Information-Centric Security Solutions in 2006
Bedford, MA , Wednesday, January 24, 2007 — RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today announced that more than 8,000 customers, including approximately 2,000 new customers, selected RSA for its identity assurance and access control, encryption and key management, compliance and security information management and fraud protection solutions in the fourth quarter of 2006.
As of December 31, 2006, more than 25,000 organizations worldwide - including more than 5,600 new customers who chose RSA in 2006 -- have selected the company’s award-winning line of solutions, designed to help secure and leverage critical information wherever it resides in the enterprise. Within this total are 3,500-plus financial services firms who chose RSA consumer protection solutions in 2006. RSA’s consumer solutions now have over 100 million users under contract and protect most of the leading financial institutions around the world.
“With strong sales in the fourth quarter of 2006, and for the year overall, RSA continues to lead the market in delivering unique business and technology solutions to our customers. This success transcends our key verticals and all of our product lines,” said Jim Melvin, vice president of marketing at RSA. “Business acceleration through information-centric security -- it is a simple concept, and one that is catching on fast. We help our customers accelerate their businesses by solving their most sensitive and complex security challenges - and freeing them to realize new business possibilities. RSA’s information-centric approach protects information from its core, and we’re proud to offer our customers an integrated set of security solutions to protect valuable information assets throughout their lifecycle.”
Announced customer wins during Q4 2006 included:
Alliance & Leicester, the Environmental Protection Agency, the General Services Administration (GSA) on behalf of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and TCF Financial Corporation.
Additional 2006 customer successes include:
* Adelaide Bank is implementing RSA® Transaction Monitoringto protect its customers against the threat of online fraud. Adelaide Bank is the first local bank and financial institution in Australia to become part of the global eFraudNetworkSM community. “Our customers and partners rely on Adelaide Bank to protect their financial assets and individual identities,” said Adelaide Bank Chief Information Officer, John van Ruth. “We want to ensure customers have no security concerns when using the online banking functionality, which is why we have gone to considerable lengths to make the experience user-friendly and secure. By working with RSA, a world leader in security and anti-fraud solutions, we are continuing our efforts in working behind-the-scenes to ensure online security.”
* Cole Taylor, established in 1929, is one of Chicago’s largest independent banks. It is using RSA’s enVisionTM solution (previously referred to as Network Intelligence enVision solution) to help both streamline security and meet the rigorous audit and compliance requirements for financial institutions. Using the enVision solution, Cole Taylor is able to closely track daily security conditions and get visibility into key activities.
“The RSA enVision solution allows us to aggregate, view, report, and analyze all our log data in one location, in near real-time - helping to reduce our compliance burden without driving up our costs,” said Erik Hart, director of Security, Cole Taylor Bank. “When auditors come in at the end of the year, we can easily document that we’re following the controls we’ve put in place.”
* Haier Group, one of the world’s leading home appliance manufacturers, selected and implemented RSA SecurID® technology to protect its global SAP system. Haier employees will use the RSA SecurID solution to authenticate themselves before accessing SAP, an important step in reaching Haier’s 2008 goal of “one employee with one laptop, one badge, and one token”.
* NuUnion Credit Union, a $776 million financial institution serving more than 88,000 members at 14 Michigan locations, has selected the RSA® Adaptive Authentication solution to provide enhanced security to its consumers banking online. RSA’s technology will deliver strong user-centric authentication and behind-the-scenes protection for NuUnion members.
* The San Francisco Association of Realtors in California selected Rapattoni Secure Logon service which incorporates RSA SecurID technology to provide stronger security for its multiple listing service (MLS). The rollout for its more than 5,000 MLS participants began in December 2006. The Rapattoni Secure Logon service helps increase data security by ensuring that only authorized users can access the MLS.
MetroList Services, Inc. in Sacramento, Calif. also selected Rapattoni Secure Logon with Rapattoni Single Sign-On Identity Portal for its MLS. RSA SecurID technology helps eliminate the potential for account sharing and ID theft, and ensures that only members in good standing can enter the MLS site, while the Single Sign-On Identity Portal provides significant convenience for agents. The rollout for the approximately 25,000 MetroList subscribers is planned for January 2007.
Both MLSs recognize the importance of strongly protecting private real estate data and see Secure Logon as a crucial first step in preparation for Quattro, a planned shared MLS database that MetroList and the San Francisco Association of Realtors announced with Bay Area Real Estate Information Services, Inc. north of the Golden Gate Bridge in September 2006.
* Suncorp Group, an integrated financial service provider operating strong banking, insurance, and wealth management businesses, has selected RSA SecurID two-factor authentication solutions to safeguard its Internet customers. Since its launch, more than 12,000 customers have applied for the Suncorp Security Token.
“With the introduction of the Suncorp Security Token, we are hoping to dramatically reduce the threat of unauthorized transactions occurring, as customers now need to enter two random codes - one at log in and one when transferring externally. Making internet banking as safe as possible for customers is a priority,” said Suncorp General Manager of Deposits, Terry Wasmund.
* UMB Financial Corporation is a multi-bank holding company headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., offering complete banking, asset management and related financial services to both individual and business customers nationwide. Its banking subsidiaries own and operate 139 banking centers throughout Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Arizona. Subsidiaries of the holding company and the lead bank, UMB Bank, n.a., include an investment services group based in Milwaukee, Wisc., a trust management company in South Dakota and single-purpose companies that deal with brokerage services, consulting services and insurance.
“Protecting confidential account information is a top priority at UMB, no matter how our customers transact business with us,” said Kanon Cozad, senior vice president and director of application development at UMB. “Therefore, when we were evaluating potential partners to assist us with additional online security measures, we had rigid criteria that set the bar pretty high. RSA Adaptive Authentication stood out as having seamless integration with our infrastructure as well as an easy deployment. This solution was a perfect fit for our multifactor authentication implementation.”
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the expert in information-centric security, enabling the protection of information throughout its lifecycle. RSA enables customers to cost-effectively secure critical information assets and online identities wherever they live and at every step of the way, and manage security information and events to ease the burden of compliance.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, encryption & key management, compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com and www.EMC.com.
RSA, SecurID and enVision are either registered trademarks or trademarks of RSA Security Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation. All other products and/or services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Contact Information
- Dave Howell
- Public Relations Manager
- RSA Security Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.