Orange, partners with record labels to extend its music portfolio and offer unlimited music videos
Paris / Cannes, January 17, 2007
* to coincide with the Midem music trade show, Orange is bringing out a new unlimited subscription plan for video-on-demand, available on Orange TV in France. An extensive catalogue of music programmes will be on offer for EUR4.99 a month (with more than 300 long clips (concerts, documentaries, TV programmes, etc and 2,000 video clips)
* the new offer is the latest addition to the extensive Orange music portfolio which covers nine countries and allows customers to access an international catalogue of 1 million titles following agreements with both major international and independent record labels
a new subscription VOD offer on Orange TV
The new offer gives Orange TV subscribers in France unlimited use of a wide choice of music content. For EUR4.99 a month, they can enjoy on-demand access to the entire catalogue of music programmes with leading artists including: Raphaël, M, Renaud, Pascal Obispo, Indochine, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, Michael Jackson, Beyonce and Shakira.
Subscribers can select a title from more than 300 longer clips (concerts, documentaries, TV programmes, etc.) and 2,000 video clips from any musical genre. These titles are made available through partnerships with:
* Sony BMG
* EMI Music
* Eagle Rock
The forthcoming arrival of two new partners, Warner Music and Universal Music, will further enhance the offering.
a portfolio of music services available in nine countries
This latest addition to Orange’s impressive line-up of music services is available to Orange mobile customers in nine countries (Belgium, France, Poland, Portugal, Rumania, Spain, Slovakia, Switzerland and the UK) and internet customers in three countries (France, Spain, and the UK):
Orange customers can access music through the following services:
* Orange Music Store: gives access to an international catalogue of 1million titles,
* Orange Music Player: a multimedia player for downloading music or videos;
* Orange Music Cast: personalised mobile and internet radio. Launched in May 2006, Orange Music Cast is a mobile application that gives customers (with a compatible phone), access to a package of theme-based radio stations, which users can adapt to their own musical tastes (Urban, Pop/Rock, Latin, Jazz,...) as well as access their own favourite radio stations. Orange Music Cast is available both in a subscription service (EUR9.99) or in a 24 hour service (EUR2) ;
* Live Radio: the first independent wifi radio, lets users listen to thousands of radio stations from around the world and on the web, as well as podcasts and audio books, even without turning on your computer;
* SMS Jukebox, a new service which is being premiered at the Wifi Café Orange during Midem 2007. A playlist of songs is presented in a menu with a code for each one. All customers have to do is select a song and send the corresponding code by SMS. They then receive a message specifying the waiting time before the song is played... in the restaurant or cafe. Orange is reinventing the jukebox, with a new mobile dimension.
About France Telecom
France Telecom, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators, serves more than 153 million customers on five continents (220 countries or territories) as of September 30, 2006 and had consolidated sales of 49 billion euros by IFRS standards in 2005 (38.4 billion euros for the year-to-date at September 30, 2006). Launched in June 2005, the NExT program (New Experience in Telecommunications) will allow the Group to pursue its transformation as an integrated operator and to make France Telecom the benchmark for new telecommunications services in Europe. On June 2006, Orange thus became the Group’s single brand for Internet, television and mobile in France, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Spain, and Orange Business Services the brand name for the services offered to businesses worldwide. France Telecom is number two mobile operator and provider of Internet services in Europe and amongst the world leaders in providing telecommunication services to multinational companies.
France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) is listed on Euronext Paris Eurolist market and on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Contact Information
- Sébastien Goalès
- Press contact
- France Telecom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.