Elsevier Society Publishing Program Expands in 2006
Amsterdam, 16 January 2007 – Elsevier is pleased to announce the launch of 24 new journal publishing partnerships with leading international organizations in 2006, ensuring the continuing growth of its society journal publishing program. The highly cited content from learned societies and institutes provides an invaluable resource for the scientific, technical and medical (STM) communities. Over the years, Elsevier has developed relationships with many prestigious partners and currently publishes on behalf of more than 500 learned societies, professional associations and research institutes.
“We are committed to building unique, long-term relationships to help societies achieve their publishing goals,” noted Jim Krosschell, Vice President Society Publishing for Elsevier’s Science and Technology Division, “not to mention developing valuable new services and programs for our present - and future - society partners in meeting the information needs of their memberships.”
According to Glen P. Campbell, Senior Vice President, Health Sciences Journals, “Understanding the mission of each and every one of our society partners, along with the personal service our team approach provides, ensures that we remain the premier society publishing partner to medical, surgical, nursing, and health professional associations.”
Among the distinguished new 2006 Elsevier partners are:
• Ambulatory Pediatrics Association
• American Association of Endodontists
• American Society for Experimental NeuroTherapeutics
• American Society of Hypertension
• Association of periOperative Nurses
• Australian College of Critical Care
• Australian College of Midwives Nursing
• Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Chinese Chemical Society
• Chinese Society of Particuology
• European Federation of Biotechnology
• European Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics
• Institute of Coal Chemistry
• International Association of Hydraulic Engineering
• ISA (the Instrumentation, Systems and
• International Society for Clinical Densitometry Automation Society)
• Korea Water Resources Association
• National Institute of Polar Research
• National Lipid Association
• Primary Care Diabetes Europe
• Russian Academy of Sciences
• Society of Cardiovascular and
• Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology Computed Tomography
• Sports Medicine Australia
# # #
Elsevier is a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical information products and services. Working in partnership with the global science and health communities, Elsevier’s 7,000 employees in over 70 offices worldwide publish more than 2,000 journals and 1,900 new books per year, in addition to offering a suite of innovative electronic products, such as ScienceDirect, MD Consult, Scopus, bibliographic databases, and online reference works.
Elsevier is a global business headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has offices worldwide. Elsevier is part of Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider. Operating in the science and medical, legal, education and business-to-business sectors, Reed Elsevier provides high-quality and flexible information solutions to users, with increasing emphasis on the Internet as a means of delivery. Reed Elsevier’s ticker symbols are REN (Euronext Amsterdam), REL (London Stock Exchange), RUK and ENL (New York Stock Exchange).
- Contact Information
- Kate Alzepiedi
- Media Contact
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.