Siemens IT Solutions and Services launched – management of new Siemens Group named
Munich, Jan 15, 2007 - Today sees the launch of the new Group ‘Siemens IT Solutions and Services’ and the announcement of its Group Executive Management team. Siemens has pooled its worldwide IT and software know-how in the new Group with a view to consolidating its global IT expertise. Siemens IT Solutions and Services offers industry-specific IT solutions and outsourcing and supports other Siemens Groups with software and IT expertise. Five Siemens IT and software houses have been merged to form the new Group, which has 43,000 employees and sales of about 5 billion euros: Business Innovation Center (BIC), Development Innovation and Projects (DIP), Program and System Engineering (PSE), Siemens Business Services (SBS), and Siemens Information Systems Ltd. (SISL).
More than half of Siemens’ sales is already software-dependent – and the figure is increasing all the time – and the development in IT services is similar. “IT know-how is one of the keys to Siemens’ success,” says Dr. Christoph Kollatz, Group President Siemens IT Solutions and Services. “That’s why we’ve taken the various units that were scattered throughout the company and made them into one new, powerful Group with comprehensive IT and software expertise.”
The new Group is in a very promising position. No other IT provider has such close links with a global industrial corporation like Siemens and benefits from access to its customers and the excellent industry know-how of its Groups. Siemens IT Solutions and Services has a strong international setup and, thanks to the integration of the PSE sites in Eastern Europe and Asia as well as SISL in India, has a significant presence in low-wage locations.
The new Group focuses on four key business areas.
First of all, it supplements the portfolio of the other Siemens Groups with specific IT know-how: the consolidation of expertise in industry, software and IT solutions gives rise to new, one-stop solutions, with which the Siemens products and systems can be better integrated in the customers’ business processes and IT landscapes.
Secondly, Siemens IT Solutions and Services further develops the existing outsourcing and IT solution business with external customers, which overall accounts for some 60 percent of its sales.
Thirdly, it handles the worldwide operation of Siemens IT and finally develops software for the products and systems of other Siemens Groups.
Siemens today announced the five members of Group Executive Management at Siemens IT Solutions and Services.
• Former SBS Group President Dr. Christoph Kollatz (46) will lead the Group Executive Management team at Siemens IT Solutions and Services. He is thus responsible for all the Group’s business and also looks after business in North America and in the manufacturing industry, as well as service provision in the outsourcing business.
• Michael Schulz-Drost (52) will be Chief Financial Officer, a function which he previously held at SBS. He will also be responsible for the Corporate Functions Accounting and Controlling, Treasury, Internal Audit, Global Procurement, Chief Information Office.
• Jürgen Frischmuth (50) was previously a member of SBS Group Executive Management and will in future be in charge of business in Europe and South America as well as with clients from the public sector, banks, insurance companies, and the software industry.
• Anil Laud (64), head of India-based Siemens Information Systems Ltd. (SISL), will be responsible in Group Executive Management for the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and South Africa, as well as for business with airports and professional services.
• Former PSE head, Rolf Unterberger (40), will in the future be responsible in Group Executive Management for business in Southern Europe and Austria as well as the sectors healthcare, power supply companies, telecommunications and media, as well as software development.
In the coming weeks, the management team will be working flat out to integrate the five previously separate units and their portfolios in Siemens IT Solutions and Services. From the third quarter of the Siemens fiscal year 2007 (1 April 2007) onwards, the Group’s financial figures will be declared independently in the Siemens reports.
Pictures can be obtained at: www.siemens.com/it-solutions/group-management
Siemens IT Solutions and Services is an internationally leading provider of IT solutions and services. It covers the entire IT service chain from a single source, from consulting to system integration, right through to the management of IT infrastructures. In addition, Siemens IT Solutions and Services extends the range of offerings of the other Siemens Groups to include software developments and IT solutions. With its comprehensive know-how and industry-specific knowledge, Siemens IT Solutions and Services provides measurable added value for its customers. Founded in January 2007, the new Siemens Group employs around 43,000 people and posts annual sales of about 5 billion euros, of which some 60 percent are generated outside of the Siemens group. More information at www.siemens.com/it-solutions
Reference number: SBS 150107.01e
- Contact Information
- Jörn Roggenbuck
- Siemens AG
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.