New N1 Wireless ExpressCard™ from Belkin Delivers Draft N Performance to Notebooks with ExpressCard Slots
As the first available wireless card to feature ExpressCard technology, the ExpressCard complements Belkin’s full line of N1 Wireless products
(Compton, CA) - January 8, 2007 – Belkin introduces the first N1 Wireless ExpressCard for notebooks, giving you yet another option for your notebook to gain access to emerging, high-speed technologies. Connecting through your notebook’s ExpressCard slot, this Card doubles your available bandwidth so you can run multimedia applications, such as streaming HD video and online games, as well as expand your wireless range and reliably connect to wireless hotspots.
ABI Research reports that almost 50 percent of notebooks will ship with ExpressCard slots in 2007.
Currently available, with launches in Asia, Europe, and Australia to follow.
On Display At:
* 2007 International CES, January 8–11, 2007, in Las Vegas at Booth #30328 South Hall.
* Macworld Expo, January 9–12, 2007, in San Francisco at Booth #1926 South Hall.
N1 Wireless ExpressCard (F5D8071) - $99.99
* Provides smaller and more lightweight form factor than standard CardBus cards
* Features interface speeds of up to 2.5 times faster than CardBus cards
* Requires less power, which will help prolong notebook battery life
* Hot-swappable feature allows you to easily swap various types of ExpressCards (i.e., FireWire®, USB 2.0, etc.)
About N1 Wireless
* Based on the 802.11n draft*, N1 Wireless uses Intelligent MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology to increase speed, coverage, and reliability of wireless systems.
* N1 Wireless offers a link rate of up to 300Mbps in 40MHz Channel Mode**.
* Providing greater range and faster speeds, N1 Wireless offers a quick and efficient way for people to distribute video, music, photos, and files among the networked computers in their homes.
*Belkin N1 Products: N1 Wireless Router (F5D8231-4), N1 Wireless Notebook Card (F5D8011), N1 Wireless Desktop Card (F5D8001), and the N1 Wireless ExpressCard (F5D8071) are compliant to the IEEE 802.11n draft specification. Although Belkin incorporates all mandatory elements of the IEEE 802.11n draft specification and designs the software to be upgradeable once the standard is finalized, Belkin cannot guarantee upgradeability.
**NOTE: The standard transmission rate—300Mbps—is the physical data rate. Actual data throughput will be lower.
Along with the ExpressCard, the Belkin N1 Wireless line includes:
* Router (F5D8231-4) – $129.99
* Notebook Card (F5D8011) – $89.99
* Desktop Card (F5D8001) – $99.99
* USB Adapter (F5D8051) – $99.99
ExpressCard is a trademark of PCMCIA.
About Belkin International, Inc.
Belkin offers a diverse product mix that provides people with seamless electronics integration in their homes, cars, and on the go. Founded in California in 1983, Belkin is a privately held company and the recognized leader in connectivity solutions, in addition to accessories for MP3 devices, computers, and more. We provide extensive solutions for networking, home theater—with our PureAV® line of cables, power, and digital wireless accessories—and many more categories. You can view and purchase them at www.belkin.com, as well as through a network of major distributors, resellers, and superstores.
Belkin’s phenomenal growth has led to our expanding global presence. In addition to corporate headquarters in Los Angeles, we now have offices throughout Europe—in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Germany, among others—and in the Asia Pacific region, including Australia, Shanghai, and our regional headquarters in Hong Kong.
- Contact Information
- Melody Chalaban
- Public Relations Manager
- Belkin International, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.