Babygap Is Proud To Present. . . The Babygap Casting Call Semi-Finalists!
Now it’s up to America to decide who will be the next babyGap model
SAN FRANCISCO – December 13, 2006 – The search for the next babyGap model continues as babyGap recently announced the twenty semi-finalists of their latest babyGap casting call contest. babyGap launched its first casting call contest in 2002 and this year is teaming up with KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery, the leading online photo service, to search from coast to coast to find the most adorable babies in America. Judges had their work cut out for them as they narrowed the contestant list from more than 360,000 entries to 20 semi-finalists – ten baby boys and ten baby girls.
And, now it’s up to America to vote for their favorite baby to determine who will win. Now through December 31, 2006 America can log on to www.babyGap.com and cast their votes to decide who will star in a new babyGap campaign. Without further ado, the semi-finalists with the sweetest smiles, chubbiest cheeks and most endearing expressions are…
• Tyron from Boston, Massachusetts is a fifteen-month old dancing machine
who enjoys playing with cars and trucks while eating french fries.
• Two-year old Thalia from Long Beach, California likes to eat macaroni and
cheese while talking with friends on her Winnie the Pooh phone.
• Sarah from Monument, Colorado is a thirteen-month old who loves to sing and
enjoys playing with household items instead of toys.
• Bryce from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, seventeen months, is a fan of
Broadway musicals and loves to play peek-a-boo and entertain his best friend …
• Two-year old Lissette from Paterson, New Jersey loves hip-hop and can sing
along with every song on the radio.
• Aubrey from Marissa, Illinois is twenty months and likes to sneak in some
“airtime” on her parents’ cell phones.
• One-year old Jon from Raleigh, North Carolina is an extremely inquisitive and
curious baby who enjoys making funny sounds and does a great imitation of a
• Keira from Lansdowne, Virginia is one-year old and no matter what is going on she
always stops to dance when she hears Shakira.
• Stella from Chicago, Illinois is seventeen months and acts just like a little parrot -
she repeats everything she hears.
• Leila from South Plainfield, New Jersey is a two-year old comedian who loves to
laugh and really knows how to put on a show.
• Elizabeth (Ellie) from Bolivar, Missouri is fifteen months and carries her favorite
rubber duck around while snapping her fingers to the music on the radio.
• Mason from Piscataway, New Jersey is eight months and enjoys snacking on
squash. His favorite game is stacking cups.
• Eban from Denver, Colorado is five months and already has a best friend
named Seamus, his family’s mastiff dog, whose tongue is the size of Eban’s head.
• Alina from Bristow, Virginia is fourteen months and according to her parents she
is a complete “ham” who is always smiling.
• Ammon from Springville, Utah, seven months, loves to play with his brother and
has an unusual favorite toy - his grandma’s measuring tape.
• Thirteen-month old Carter from Keyport, New Jersey is a huge fan of pancakes
and lasagna, which no doubt helps him have such adorable chubby cheeks.
• Emmett from Delmar, NY is seven months and has a really goofy sense of humor.
He loves his mom’s singing – she imagines it’s because he can’t distinguish good
singing from bad singing yet.
• Two-year old Noah from Los Angeles, California has very sophisticated taste - he
likes to listen to classical music and enjoys eating sushi.
• Andrew from Huntington Park, California is 9 months old and loves anything that
makes noise – especially his parents singing to him.
• Jamie from the Bronx, New York is almost three years old and is a
confident, smart and funny toddler who enjoys playing with her barbie dolls
and building blocks.
“We’re thrilled by positive response and the number of parents who entered their little ones into our Casting Call contest this year,“ said Kyle Andrew, vice president of marketing for Gap. ”babyGap has a long history of featuring the cutest babies and we’re so excited to see who America will choose to be the next babyGap models"
From October 3 through November 3 more than 360,000 babies from all across the country entered babyGap’s Casting Call contest. Consumers were encouraged to visit babygap.com, where they could access a link to the KODAK EASYSHARE Gallery and upload their favorite baby photo for a chance to become the next babyGap model.
In early November, judges including Trey Laird (Gap creative director), Pam Wallack (General manager of babyGap), Miriam Arond (editor-in-chief of Child Magazine), and Stefano Azario (famed child photographer), selected twenty semifinalists. It is now up to America to cast their votes and decide who will be the next babyGap models. One baby boy and one baby girl will be selected as babyGap Casting Call winners. Each winner will be flown to participate in a professional babyGap photo shoot. Their photograph will be featured in the window of their local babyGap store as well as in an upcoming issue of Child Magazine. Additionally, each winner will receive a $5,000 college fund from Child Magazine, a year supply of babyGap clothing, a KODAK EASYSHARE DIGITAL Camera Prize Pack and more.
- Contact Information
- Gap Media Relations
- Gap Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.