AT&T Experts to Share Latest in Integrated Services at International Consumer Electronics Show 2007
Company to Highlight IP-Based Services, Wireless Integration at International Consumer Electronics Show
San Antonio, Texas, December 8, 2006
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) today announced the company’s speaking schedule at the 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January. Participating in seven different panels, six AT&T executives will share their views on the latest in AT&T integrated services and the impact of changing technology on the communications, entertainment and advertising industries.
“We are delivering on our promise to bring new integrated, Internet Protocol (IP)-based services to the market,” said Rick Welday, chief marketing officer, AT&T Consumer. “AT&T executives will share their perspectives how new integrated services and content, as well as new technologies, will transform how consumers communicate and enjoy entertainment services.”
Speaking at a variety of panels at CES, AT&T speakers will share their insights on some of the company’s most watched services, including AT&T U-verseSM TV, content partnerships and Internet-Protocol-based advertising. Featured speakers include:
* Abha Divine, president and CEO, AT&T Knowledge Ventures — “Who’s Minding Your Media IP: Taking an Enterprise-wide View to Managing and Securing Your Intellectual Property” (Monday, Jan. 8, at noon, LVCC North Hall-N264). Divine will discuss how AT&T maximizes the value of its intellectual property and how the industry has been affected by the convergence of content, technology and services. Divine is responsible for management and commercialization of AT&T’s worldwide intellectual property portfolio of patents, trademarks, and other related assets.
* Michael Grasso, assistant vice president, U-verse Consumer Marketing — “IPTV: Television Over the Internet” (Monday, Jan. 8, 3:00 pm, LVCC North Hall-N254). Grasso will discuss AT&T U-verse, its features and functionality, and how it offers consumers a viable competitor to cable. Grasso is responsible for the marketing and branding of AT&T U-verse services.
* Kieran Nolan, vice president, Data and Video Products — “User-Generated Media: An Internet, Communications and Advertising Transformation” (Monday, Jan. 8, 10:30 am, LVCC North Hall-N259). Nolan will share his insight on how technology is revolutionizing the traditional models of advertising, communications and entertainment. Nolan is responsible for video and data product development and delivery.
* Karl Spangenberg, vice president, Integrated Advertising and Commerce — “TV and Interactivity — Evolving Content and Business Models: Content, Commerce and Branded Entertainment” (Tuesday, Jan. 9, 3:00 pm, LVCC North Hall-N256). Spangenberg will share the company’s insights on the impact of IP on traditional advertising models, as well as what possibilities are in store for increasing the interactivity and relevance for traditional and new advertisers. An advertising and marketing industry veteran, Spangenberg recently joined AT&T to develop the advertising platform and opportunities for the company’s IP-based suite of services and other AT&T assets.
* Jeff Weber, vice president, Product and Strategy for U-verse — “Telco TV: What’s the Big Deal?” (Monday, Jan. 8, noon, LVCC North Hall-N258). Weber will share the company’s insights to bringing completely IP-based TV service to the mass market and how an all-IP platform promises newer features and functionalities than what exists today.
* Jeff Weber, vice president, product and strategy for U-verse — “Ubiquitous Video to the Consumer — the Technology Enablers - Broadband, IPTV, Mobile and TV” (Tuesday, Jan. 9, 10:30 a.m., LVCC North Hall-N256). Weber will discuss how consumers are continually time-shifting and location-shifting video consumption. As more video becomes mobile, ensuring that the programming is device-neutral is becoming increasingly important. With more than 20 years of experience at AT&T, Weber is responsible for defining and bringing to market the U-verse TV service including its state-of-the-art electronic program guide (EPG), video on demand (VOD), gaming and other interactive applications.
* Dan York, executive vice president, content, AT&T Entertainment Services — “Hollywood and the Digital Consumer” (Monday, Jan. 8, 1:30 p.m., LVCC North Hall-N259).York will share AT&T’s content acquisition strategy, including how AT&T is acquiring content to work across the three screens that consumers use most — the TV, the PC and the wireless phone. York is responsible for video content strategy and acquisition for AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T HomezoneSM, content to enhance the AT&T broadband consumers’ experience and other company initiatives.
AT&T will showcase its latest and future integrated IP-based consumer services at its exhibit booth. In addition to live demonstrations of AT&T U-verse TV, AT&T Homezone and AT&T Yahoo!® High Speed Internet, AT&T will showcase the company’s latest-and-greatest technology and content offerings including AT&T blue room, Remote Monitoring and AT&T CallVantage® service.
The AT&T CES exhibit will be located in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, Booth No. 9817.
Note: This AT&T release and other news announcements are available as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss.
AT&T Inc. is one of the world’s largest telecommunications holding companies and is the largest in the United States. Operating globally under the AT&T brand, AT&T companies are recognized as the leading worldwide providers of IP-based communications services to business and as leading U.S. providers of high speed DSL Internet, local and long distance voice, and directory publishing and advertising services. AT&T Inc. holds a 60 percent ownership interest in Cingular Wireless, which is the No. 1 U.S. wireless services provider with 58.7 million wireless customers. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and AT&T products and services is available at http://www.att.com.
© 2006 AT&T Knowledge Ventures. All rights reserved. AT&T is a registered trademark of AT&T Knowledge Ventures. Subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. provide products and services under the AT&T brand.
Yahoo! and the Yahoo! logo are registered trademarks of Yahoo! Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.