Voters Fooled by $40 Billion Bogus Bonds: Internet Video News Blog (9 min)
Were California voters fooled by the $40 billion in infrastructure bonds they approved in the November 2006 election, because there as was no organized opposition to the massive ballot proposals?
The shocking truth about the historic bond campaign is revealed in a nine minute Full Disclosure Network™ Video News Blog at this URL: http://www.fulldisclosure.net/Blogs/38.php covering a debate hosted by the Milken Institute just days before the election. The video is to be featured on the Internet and on 43 cable television systems, as part the Full Disclosure Network’s™ regular programming.
Here are a few of the revelations from participants featured in the video news blog:
* Don Perata, California State Senator in describing the massive bond proposals stated.. “We don’t know how it will work, until we have the money” saying that Californians don’t mind incurring debt, after all the average family is much more in debt than is state government.
* James McNulty, CEO Parsons Corporation informs the panel that he does not expect there will be substantial bidders on the bond projects nor does the industry have the capacity to complete the massive projects, citing the reasons why.
* Dr. Adrian Moore, V.P. Reason Foundation argues that each year’s state budget was to include infrastructure projects, but the legislature has spent the money on other matters. and He asks the question "How will we pay (for the bonds) if we don’t currently have the funds? Where are we going to get the money?
* B. Scott Minerd, CEO Guggenheim Partners a public finance expert tells Full Disclosure™ “the likelihood that we are not going to get everything we paid for in the bond issues is quite high”
Billed as “the news behind the news” the Full Disclosure Network™ is an independent, educational, public affairs cable program featured on 43 cable systems and the worldwide Internet website http://www.fulldisclosure.net Hosted by Leslie Dutton, who in 2002 was presented with a public affairs Emmy Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for their series entitled “L.A.’s War Against Terrorism”. Channels and airtimes.
- Contact Information
- Leslie Dutton
- Full Disclosure Network (tm)
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.