Absolute Fitness Offers Twelve Tips To Stay Fit During The Holidays
Easy and Fast Steps To Stay Active And Avoid The Holiday Bulge
Boynton Beach, FL/November 14, 2006 – Absolute Fitness, one of the nation’s premiere personalized fitness studios is offering twelve easy and simple tips to stay fit during the holiday season. The average American gains between 5 to 8 pounds during the holiday period beginning at Thanksgiving and ending during New Year’s festivities according to a recent Pew study. While many attribute the cause for this weight gain as excessive eating during the holiday period, much of the weight gain is due more to lack of exercise and physical activity.
“Many people put off fitness during the holidays believing that they do not have the time to exercise and enjoy the holiday season,” said Rob Jewett of Absolute Fitness. “That is why after New Year’s, so many gyms are full with new members and why so many fitness regimens fail. Staying fit and enjoying the holidays at the same time can be done in together.”
The tips offered by Jewett and Absolute Fitness are:
1. Eat Before You Go – you will be less tempted to overindulge if you have already eaten.
2. Choose Treats Wisely – Pick something you only have during the holidays and not something that is available all of the time.
3. Don’t Skip Meals – While it might be tempting to skip meals thinking that will make up for the holiday treats, it is actually counterproductive.
4. Control Your Drinking – Alcohol is an easy way to add the calories. Avoid mixed and fruity drinks. And avoid the Egg Nog, as it has at least 350 calories per serving.
5. Exercise Whenever You Can – Exercised doesn’t mean just at the gym. Park a distance from the store, use the stairs.
6. Make It A Family Affair – Plan activities to do, such as walking the neighborhood to view the holiday lights.
7. Don’t Forget Strength Training – Maintain your muscle mass by paring down your routine to basics.
8. Don’t Set Unrealistic Exercise Goals – Aim to exercise 30 minutes a day, instead of an hour. Its alright to divide it up into 10 minute intervals during the day.
9. Don’t Attempt To Stick To An Unrealistic Diet During The Holidays – If you enjoy your favorite foods in small portions, you will feel more satisfied. Trying to stay away from certain foods may cause you to eat more than you intended.
10. Drink Plenty Of Water – Water helps counter the dehydrating affects of travel or alcoholic beverages. Water will also help satiate your appetite as thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
11. Spread Out Your Meals – Don’t eat everything at once. Eat dinner early and walk before having dessert.
12. Make workouts a priority – Try early morning workouts.
Jewett also advises that like everything else, people need to take the holidays in moderation. He believes that by following his simple tips, people will avoid the unwanted holiday bulge but still have a fun holiday season.
Additional information on Absolute Fitness may be obtained at www.absolute-fitness.net.
- Contact Information
- David Johnson
- Strategic Vision, LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.