SAP ISV Partners Deliver Enhanced Business Management Solutions for Small Businesses
SAP® Business One ISV Certification Program Promotes Solution Innovation, Extends Customer Benefits, Increases Partner Sales Opportunities
WALLDORF, Germany - October 25, 2006 - Reflecting the spirit of innovation and collaboration that is energizing its offerings for small and midsize enterprises, SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced significant enhancements to the SAP® Business One independent software vendor (ISV) certification program with 20 newly certified solutions, enhanced tools for easier solution certification and additional partner benefits. SAP ISVs including CitiXSys Technologies, Inc., Computer Decisions International, IronWare Technologies and numerous others are taking advantage of the certification program by developing, integrating and certifying new add-on solutions for SAP Business One, SAP’s business management application for small businesses. As businesses around the world require a broad catalogue of integrated functionalities to remain competitive, SAP PartnerEdge™ P2P Network allows ISVs and resellers to collaborate and meet specialized customer needs while expanding their global business reach. SAP Business One ISVs currently offer more than 330 innovative, solution add-ons featuring vertical-specific business management capabilities that enhance the SAP Business One application to support SAP’s expanding customer base.
The SAP Business One ISV certification program requires that an integration between an ISV solution and SAP Business One is in accordance with SAP’s strict integration standards. This certification process reduces product development costs and provides a fully established global partner network to open up new customer opportunities worldwide. By working with SAP solution architects to ensure ISV solution reliability and to tightly integrate with the SAP Business One application, partners can obtain certified status, allowing them to position their solution as meeting SAP’s global standard and providing a higher level of visibility with SAP’s fast-growing network of global resellers as they look to meet customer needs.
“ISV certification programs allow partners to greatly expand their potential customer base, providing them with the credibility and resources required to sell solutions across vertical industries in different regions throughout the world,” said Cindy Jutras, vice president and research director, Aberdeen Group. “By leveraging an easily integrated solution platform, ISV programs nurture collaboration and innovation among partner organizations, resulting in better solutions and satisfied customers.”
New Partner Solutions Deliver Diverse Vertical Capabilities
To provide seamlessly integrated solutions for small and midsize businesses, SAP ISVs have developed easy-to-implement and easy-to-use add-on solutions that combine each partner’s vertical and horizontal business process expertise with the business management capabilities of SAP Business One. By building onto the core SAP Business One application, ISVs offer specialized capabilities in numerous countries around the world while leveraging the stability of a global enterprise software vendor. The new ISV certifications for solutions integrated with the SAP Business One interface are:
* Credit Card Application from CitiXsys Technologies of New York City, New York, provides comprehensive card authorization functionality and speeds transaction time
* OneEnterprise™ Portals from CitiXsys Technologies of New York City, New York, enables increased productivity through a self-service gateway for better access to mission-critical data
* Microshop from Computer Decisions International of Farmington Hills, Michigan, delivers real-time manufacturing and cost accounting capabilities for build-to-order and make-to-stock manufacturers
* CoreconLink from Corecon Technologies, Inc. of Huntington Beach, California, provides construction companies with comprehensive vertical functionalities to estimate jobs, manage projects and control costs
* RFIDs from IronWare Technologies of Denver, Colorado, supplies bin management throughout SAP Business One and fully-integrated warehouse management using radio frequency devices
* VALOGIX Planner from Valogix, Inc. of Saratoga Springs, New York, calculates automatic forecasts, optimizes inventory and creates replenishment plans for single or multiple locations
* Demand Solutions from Demand Management, Inc. of St. Louis, Missouri, delivers a core demand forecasting and inventory planning engine for supply chain optimization and improved service
* ChargeBack Processing from Third Wave Business Systems of Elmwood Park, New Jersey, enables distributors to track and process chargeback transactions from retail customers
* CF Line from AGR Financial Management Solutions of Israel provides a best-practice approach to treasury management and cash flow forecasting
* Time Bank General Ledger Link from Integrated Design, Inc. of Ann Arbor, Michigan, transfers payroll results to SAP Business One in compliance with each client’s accounting rules
* WorkPlace eProcurement from Paramount Technologies, Inc. of Commerce Township, Michigan, delivers comprehensive Web-based procurement capabilities including unlimited approvals, email alerts, PunchOut, RFQ, vendor contract and budgeting
* BatchMaster Enterprise from BatchMaster Software of Laguna Hills, California, provides a deeply-integrated financial solution for manufacturing environments
* Paymate and Clarity Software from AK Microsystems of Richmond Hill, Ontario, streamlines processes for payroll, human resources and time & attendance
* iRequest from Apollo Consulting of San Francisco, California, offers a Web-based requisitioning and expense system with real-time visibility and workflow control from RFQ to purchase and expense reporting
* Altec doc-link from Altec Products of Laguna Hills, California, delivers affordable, scalable document management for small and midsize enterprises
* Migrator from Corporate Renaissance Group of Ottawa, Canada helps companies to easily and efficiently migrate data from QuickBooks to SAP Business One
* Project Accounting Suite from Information Systems Group, Inc. (ISGI) of Westfield, Massachusetts, provides fully-integrated project accounting to better manage projects, people and profitability
* Fixed Assets Manager from Red Moon Solutions LLC of Sarasota, Florida, delivers comprehensive asset deprecation capabilities for tax and accounting processes
* Personal Abrechnung from Novaline of Rheine, Germany offers payroll functionalities (salary calculation, social insurance, income tax) in compliance with German legal requirements
* Document Management and Archiving from Novaline of Rheine, Germany allows companies to preserve intellectual property and cut costs associated with file storage
“By meeting the SAP certification standard for our Microshop solution, we’ve greatly increased the integration level between our solution and SAP Business One, allowing us to deliver a stronger all-around product to our customers,” said Dan Carr, founder and owner, Computer Decisions International. “As we’ve worked with other partners to deliver the Microshop tool to manufacturing customers worldwide, the SAP Business One solution has provided the connectivity required for easy implementations and rapid returns.”
“We took advantage of the SAP ISV program and certified our solutions for payroll functionalities as well as document management and archiving,” said Horst Ramnitz, managing director, Novaline, SAP Business One German partner since 2003. “The certifications support us in globally selling our solutions through the SAP partner network.”
New Benefits from SAP PartnerEdge Expand Sales Opportunities
SAP has invested in several improvements to the SAP Business One solution developer network as part of its SAP PartnerEdge program, including a new partner confidence rating system, a value points system for partner rewards, ISV contracts for global sales and new tools for faster integration, certification and solution testing. Under the partner rating system, SAP Business One resellers can rate their experience working with ISVs and the effectiveness of their solutions, fostering a better level of service between partners and leading to additional business opportunities. Within SAP PartnerEdge, ISVs receive value points for achieving certified integration status, rewarding partners not only on sales, but also for meeting global technical and quality standards. The new global ISV contract extends an ISV’s geographic footprint, allowing it to leverage the partner-to-partner (P2P) business network and the uniform SAP Business One solution code to collaborate with value-added resellers (VARs) around the world and expand the potential customer base for specialized solutions. Additional new benefits include an online portal for certification documentation, remote testing capabilities and streamlined communications with SAP channel managers.
“Through the ISV certification program, we’ve certified three solutions for SAP Business One, improved the all-around product we present to customers and increased our market presence,” said Mark Richardson, chief operating officer, CitiXsys. “For example, working with SAP Business One partners through SAP’s P2P collaboration portal, we have successfully secured two customer wins in Singapore without having a sales contact in the area.”
“Our ISV partners consistently keep their finger on the pulse of today’s small and midsize businesses, allowing them to identify vital business issues and create tools that effectively address changing business demands,” said Glen Doody, vice president, channel enablement, SAP AG. “The SAP Business One certification program allows these partners to streamline development costs and leverage SAP’s stable technology to deliver advanced capabilities and greater value to a wider swath of customers around the world.”
SAP is the world’s leading provider of business software*. Today, more than 36,200 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP® applications—from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small and midsize enterprises to suite offerings for global organizations. Powered by the SAP NetWeaver® platform to drive innovation and enable business change, SAP software helps enterprises of all sizes around the world improve customer relationships, enhance partner collaboration and create efficiencies across their supply chains and business operations. SAP solution portfolios support the unique business processes of more than 25 industries, including high tech, retail, financial services, healthcare and the public sector. With subsidiaries in more than 50 countries, the company is listed on several exchanges, including the Frankfurt stock exchange and NYSE under the symbol “SAP.” (Additional information at www.sap.com)
(*) SAP defines business software as comprising enterprise resource planning and related applications such as supply chain management, customer relationship management, product life-cycle management and supplier relationship management.
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
Copyright © 2006 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
SAP, R/3, mySAP, mySAP.com, xApps, xApp, SAP NetWeaver and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Data contained in this document serve informational purposes only. National product specifications may vary.
For customers interested in learning more about SAP products:
Global Customer Center: +49 180 534-34-24
United States Only: 1 (800) 872-1SAP (1-800-872-1727)
- Contact Information
- Jim Dever
- Press Contact
- SAP AG
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.