A humorous look into the "Dark Side" of knitting
Manhattan, New York -- April 18, 2005 -- The Lion Brand Yarn Company (http://www.LionBrand.com) publishes The Lion Brand Newsletter, which is emailed each week to over 370,000 subscribers who are interested in Yarn Crafts such as Crocheting and Knitting. In a recent edition readers were asked to complete the phrase “You know you knit to much when ........”
Hundreds of suggestions were sent in by readers from around the world, to complete the phrase. The answers give a very interesting and humorous insight into the world of knitting. Here are a few of the responses that were sent in this week.
According to the reader of the Lion Brand Newsletter, You know you knit too much...
1) ...when you start eyeballing your cat, mentally measuring her for your next sweater project.
2) ...when your best friend takes a “dream of a lifetime” trip to New Zealand & the only thing you ask her when she returns is “How much yarn did you buy?”
3) ...when “just one more row” becomes the front or back, or sleeve before stopping.
4) ...when you rate desirability of family vacation spots on how many yarn shops are in the vicinity.
5) ...when your dog is depressed because HE used to be in your lap every night instead of your knitting project.
6) ...when you keep a list of movies where the characters knit.
7) ...when you crave yarn, not chocolate, when you are having a bad day.
8) ...when you’ve considered starting a support group called S.A.B.L.E. (Stash Accrued Beyond Life’s Expectancy)
9) ...when you forget your lunch but remember your knitting project.
10) ...when you knit your noodles with your chopsticks at Panda Express.
11) ...when you put a cable stitch in your daughter’s hair.
12) ...when there are no more audiobooks left at the library for you to listen to while you knit.
13) ...when you only watch movies on DVD because it’s too dark to knit in the theater.
14) ...when you husband can no longer drift off on the couch in the evening, without the clicking of your knitting needles lulling him to sleep.
The Lion Brand Newsletter serves a very active group of knitters. To view more of their answers
to the question “You know you knit too much...” visit their Web site at http://www.lionbrand.com/content-knitTooMuchFinalResults.html
About the Lion Brand Yarn Company
Lion Brand Yarn Company, at 127 years old, is America’s oldest hand knitting yarn company. Founded in 1878, the company began operation in New York City and has been a leading supplier of quality hand knitting and crochet yarns ever since.
Throughout its history, Lion Brand Yarn has been at the forefront of yarn trends while consistently providing its customers with the highest quality product, service and inspiration.
Its web site, http://www.lionbrand.com, offers over 550 free patterns, as well as instructions to teach people to knit and crochet.
For More Information contact:
- Contact Information
- Ilana Rabinowitz
- Director Consumer Marketing
- Lion Brand Yarn
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.