Licenced And Loaded: Ford Joins Forces With 007
* All-New 2007 Mondeo makes screen debut in new Bond movie
* Ford launches ’Licenced and Loaded’ retail offers
* Feature laden vehicles and extra value Special Editions
* Low rate finance – Typical 5.9 per cent APR
* Offers run until 18 th December, 2006
BRENTWOOD, Essex, 18 October, 2006 -- The all-new 2007 Ford Mondeo makes its screen debut in EON Productions’ new James Bond movie, CASINO ROYALE, which opens in cinemas around the world from November 17, 2006.
In addition to its cameo role in the new film, the all-new 2007 Mondeo also features in a specially made Ford television commercial inviting viewers to “discover the secret world of 007” and showing footage of the car in action.
To celebrate t he Bond association Ford has created an array of retail offers that are ’licenced to thrill’! R etail customers can now choose from an action-packed range of cars laden with great features and available with a low-rate finance offer of 5.9 per cent APR.
Licenced and Loaded highlights:
* Ka Zetec Climate is now available for £7,695 including free metallic paint saving £1,225
* Fiesta Zetec Climate is now available for £8,995 including free metallic paint saving £1,545
* Focus Zetec Climate can now be driven away for £12,995 including free metallic paint saving £2,000
Two Special Editions also make a welcome return to the action:
* Fiesta Freedom offers great value at £9,195 and boasts Bluetooth with voice activation, MP3 socket, 15in alloys and now comes with free metallic paint. Total customer saving: £1,445
* Mondeo Edge provides an air of sophistication for just £12,995 and includes unique 16in five-spoke alloys, air conditioning and rain sensing windscreen wipers. Total customer saving: £2,000
All new Ford models (except Focus ST) are available at a low 5.9 per cent APR finance rate, when purchased on Ford Options, Options Cashplan or Ford Acquire.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
Cinema goers will be the first to see the new 2007 Ford Mondeo in action at the hands of the new James Bond, actor Daniel Craig. Although an Aston Martin remains James Bond’s car of choice, the new Mondeo is the first car to appear in the film when Bond uses it to drive to a hotel after arriving in the Bahamas on the trail of a terrorist cell.
Full series information, technical specifications and data for the new Mondeo range will be revealed early in 2007.
This is not the first time that a popular new model has been previewed in a Bond film before the car itself has gone on sale. In 1976, as Ford was about to launch its all-new Taunus-Cortina model, the company provided a pre-production vehicle for a brief appearance in “The Spy Who Loved Me”. In the sequence filmed on Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, Bond is chased by the Taunus-Cortina which eventually careers off the mountain road and through the roof of a cottage.
- Contact Information
- Liz Pelling
- Manager, Auto Shows and Special Events
- Ford of Europe
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.