Logitech Showcases Products Optimized for Windows Vista at DigitalLife 2006
NEW YORK — DigitalLife — Oct. 12, 2006 — This week at the DigitalLife tradeshow, Logitech (SWX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) is for the first time publicly demonstrating its portfolio of new premium PC peripherals that can optimize one´s experience with the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. Logitech has worked with Microsoft during the development of many of these personal peripherals, which are expected to be certified through the premium Certified for Windows Vista Logo program prior to the consumer launch of Windows Vista.
Logitech is one of Microsoft´s premier hardware peripherals partner for marketing Windows Vista-based communications solutions. Logitech´s premium webcams, headsets and microphones deliver crystal-clear communications in the next-generation PC environment. Also a featured hardware peripherals partner for marketing Windows Vista productivity solutions, Logitech offers mice and keyboards that provide one-touch access to Windows Vista efficiency features such as Windows Vista Flip 3D.
The new Logitech® ChillStream™ controller for PC is the first of many Logitech products slated to be a Certified for Windows Vista - premium product. The gamepad, featuring an innovative built-in fan-based cooling system, requires no software driver on a PC running Windows Vista — it delivers a plug-and-play gaming experience.
“Our aim is to offer our customers easy access to the Windows Vista experience — whether it´s through devices that are plug and play, or by providing mice and keyboards with one-touch access to Windows Vista navigation features, or with communications products that make it easy for people to use Windows Vista to connect with friends and family,” said Denis Pavillard, vice-president of product marketing for Logitech desktops and keyboards. “This fall, we´ve delivered an array of products that take advantage of Windows Vista and its breakthrough user experience — and we´re excited to show them publicly for the first time at DigitalLife.”
“Many of Logitech´s new products expertly complement Windows Vista and its core value proposition, which is to offer a breakthrough user experience and enable people to feel confident in their ability to view, find, and organize information, and to control their computing experience,” said Dave Wascha, director of partner marketing for Windows Vista at Microsoft Corp. “Logitech has been a leader in enhancing the digital experience for many years, and we´re excited about how its new products will help our customers get the most out of Windows Vista.”
Time and Place of Demonstration
Logitech is demonstrating its premium products with Windows Vista in Microsoft´s presentation theatre, booth #122 at the Javits Center, at 1:30 p.m. EDT today. The company will also showcase the products listed below during show hours at its booth (#716).
* The QuickCam® Ultra Vision™ webcam helps people make a better connection using Windows Vista with Windows Live Messenger by offering twice the image clarity of conventional webcams.
* The Logitech® Premium Notebook Headset offers clear, comfortable Internet calling experience for Windows Vista and Windows Live Messenger.
* The Logitech® EasyCall™ Desktop, the complete Internet calling solution for Windows Vista, offers crystal clear calls and easy call management, combining a speakerphone, headset, keyboard and mouse in one package.
* The Logitech® diNovo™ Edge keyboard allows people to take advantage of Windows Vista at the desk or in the living room in comfort and with cutting-edge style.
* The Logitech® MX™ Revolution cordless laser mouse empowers people to speed through digital content with hyper-fast scrolling and controls that integrate with Windows Vista Flip 3D and other features.
* The Logitech® VX Revolution™ cordless laser mouse for notebooks helps people speed through digital content in comfort when working on a notebook PC with Windows Vista.
* The Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ 3200 Laser mouse-and-keyboard combination provides one-touch controls that enable people to find and navigate digital content with exceptional speed and comfort using Windows Vista.
Founded in 1981, Logitech designs, manufactures and markets personal peripherals that enable people to effectively work, play, and communicate in the digital world. Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SWX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and in the U.S. on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
# # #
Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are owned by Logitech and may be registered. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the Company´s Web site at www.logitech.com.
- Contact Information
- Kate Brinks
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.