EDS Launches Product Lifecycle Management Solution
Solution Enables Manufacturers to Collaborate in Real Time, Leverage Knowledge and Design Products Faster
03 Oct 2006 - PLANO, Texas – EDS allows global manufacturers to capture market opportunities and achieve measurable business results with the launch of EDS’ new Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Solution. This is the first of an extended line of solutions developed by EDS that enable manufacturers to design anywhere, build anywhere and service anywhere.
“In an intensely competitive global marketplace, manufacturers cannot delay when bringing new and differentiating products to the market,” said Mike Klaus, EDS Manufacturing global leader. “This solution enables manufacturers to accelerate time to market by eliminating redundant parts and reducing inventory, decreasing research and development spend through engineering productivity and increasing the number of new products.”
With this solution, EDS can help manufacturers modernize their existing engineering portfolio across the entire PLM value chain. Through a 2005 solution alliance agreement signed with UGS Corp., a leading global provider of PLM software and services, EDS can provide new solutions or enhance or replace all or part of an existing solution by combining EDS’ systems and application integration capabilities with UGS’ PLM software and services.
The EDS Product Lifecycle Management solution offers manufacturers a full range of PLM capabilities – from consulting services to complex information technology engineering applications. It is offered in six components:
* Data Management Component – An integrated environment coordinating the flow of information across engineering, manufacturing and aftermarket services to improve speed of innovation and allowing information to be configured with client-specific business rules and work flows
* Integrated Product Design & Validation Component – Equips developers with mathematical information, engineering analytics and product definition artifacts to design and validate products
* Product Development Process Management Component – Provides a seamless environment for developers to monitor, control and report product development productivity
* Collaborative Digital Design Component – Supplies the basis for bringing together the knowledge, experience and skills of multiple team members, partners, and suppliers around the world to facilitate products and process decision-making
* Manufacturing Process Planning Component – Offers the real-time information, business processes and work flows for manufacturers to digitally design, test and simulate production environments
* Knowledge Based Engineering Component – Provides engineers a hosted environment integrating:
o Computer-Aided Design
o Computer-Aided Manufacturing
o Computer-Aided Engineering
o Computer-Aided Test
“Timely interaction among global design, development and manufacturing teams becomes a major obstacle without the right processes and technology,” Klaus added.“ Being able to share and reuse accurate, up-to-date product data and knowledge is more important than ever for manufacturers to achieve a competitive advantage.”
EDS has more than 30 years of experience working with manufacturers, and implementing and supporting product lifecycle management systems. EDS serves 75 percent of the top 100 manufacturing industry clients and supports 30,000 engineering desktops worldwide.
EDS is a leading global technology services company delivering business solutions to its clients. EDS founded the information technology outsourcing industry more than 40 years ago. Today, EDS delivers a broad portfolio of information technology and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, communications, energy, transportation, and consumer and retail industries and to governments around the world. Learn more at eds.com.
Note: EDS news releases are archived on this Web site for historical purposes. Information in the stories is accurate at the time of release. However, service offerings and availability, relationships, contacts and other specified information may change over time. Information as stated in the release may or may not be in effect after the date on the release.
- Contact Information
- Julie Basa
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.