Landmark Integrates Corporate Data Archiver™ Software With EMC Centera™ Content-Addressed Storage (CAS)
New tapeless archiving solution for upstream oil and gas customers provides always-available, instantly retrievable archives
October 2, 2006 - HOUSTON – Landmark, a brand of Halliburton’s (NYSE: HAL) Digital and Consulting Solutions division, today announced a new visual cataloging and tapeless archiving solution designed to simplify and accelerate data archival and retrieval. The solution tightly integrates Landmark’s industry-leading reporting tool Corporate Data Archiver™ software with the purpose built, software-driven EMC Centera™ content-addressed storage system. The compelling difference in this solution compared to others in the oil and gas industry is its ability to provide instant retrievability of archived data.
“Because data is archived to the EMC Centera system rather than to tapes, archived data retrievals that once took hours to days -- and, in some cases, weeks, now take just seconds without assistance from the IT departments,” said Doug Meikle, vice president of Landmark and Project Management in Halliburton’s Digital and Consulting Solutions division. “So, rather than spending their time searching for the right data and ensuring its authenticity, end-users stay focused on actually using the data. This solution is another example of the benefit that our strategic alliance with EMC delivers to our customers.”
Mark Thurmond, vice president and co-general manager of the EMC Centera system, said, “The integration between the EMC Centera system and Landmark’s Corporate Data Archiver software benefits joint customers who wish to deploy more effective information lifecycle management solutions for upstream oil and gas project management. This solution will help maximize the value of digital content embodied within exploration and production projects, while lowering costs and making it easier to manage, protect and share this information.”
In summary, this solution provides the following features and benefits:
• Corporate Data Archiver database catalogs, summarizes and creates an online visual catalog/record of project data, allowing the interpretive results of the archive to be reviewed without having to be retrieved;
• Project data stores are dramatically reduced and the backup process expedited, leaving behind only active project data. Archived data remains online and always available on dedicated archival storage, removing the retrieval gap;
• Archived project snapshots capture project data at specific milestones, producing a project history and an audit trail for regulatory and policy compliance;
• The EMC Centera system, the world’s most simple, affordable and secure repository for information archiving, eliminates problems associated with tape archival, including high management cost, gradual data loss, potential damage to or loss of media, and tape warehousing costs;
• The EMC Centera system also offers real-time replication capability, which is the first step toward implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
To learn more about this solution and to see a personal demonstration, visit Landmark at the EMC Booth No. 918 at the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) International Exposition and 76th Annual Meeting in New Orleans on Oct. 1-6, 2006.
Landmark is the leading supplier of software and services for the upstream oil and gas industry. The company’s software solutions span exploration, production, drilling, business decision analysis and information management. Landmark offers a broad range of consulting and services that enable customers to optimize their technical, business and decision processes. Visit the Landmark Web site at www.lgc.com for more information.
Halliburton, founded in 1919, is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the petroleum and energy industries. The company serves its customers with a broad range of products and services through its Energy Services Group and KBR. Visit the company’s Web site at www.halliburton.com .
EMC is a registered trademark, and Centera is a trademark of EMC Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Contact Information
- Melissa Norcross
- Public Relations Supervisor
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.